Chapter 10

This is the last chapter...enjoy
The Wedding

Magnus’ P.O.V
Although it wasn’t exactly my style but I planned the wedding myself in the grounds of New York institute. Well maybe Catherine and Regnor helped me out in suggestions and stuff but all the main effort was mine. I couldn’t trust anyone else to make this wedding as special. I wanted everything perfect and I will make sure of it as I will not tolerate anything going wrong on the most special day of my long life.
I haven’t felt attached to anyone more than Alexander in this long life of mine and of course I couldn’t. Our bond was the strongest to ever exist anywhere in the past, present or even future of this planet. It was a both way connection, bonded by both, shadowhunter love rune and warlock soul mate bond. Today was the day I will make Alexander mine till our last breath. I wouldn’t live without him and I doubt he would either.
I used my magic for the decorations and it looked stunning. I stood back to watch everything clearly from a little distance. Perfect white tent, almost 15 feet high above the ground from the centre. A Red velvet cloth was covering each round wooden table and soft white chairs were surrounding it. They were all around the huge tent in front of stage. The ground was balanced and grassy bringing out the red colour of the tables and the stage and the roses that were glittered and were decorated behind the stage to brighten the white cloth they were stuck to. The way to the stage on which Alec would walk was decorated with roses as well. The white and red theme looked beautiful.
Alec’s P.O.V
It was almost evening and I had no idea what was going on outside and with every passing second my curiosity to find out was growing but Magnus gave job to Jace, Izzy and Clary to keep an eye on me and I must not leave my room and they were doing great job. Izzy asked me to get some beauty sleep but I was anxious about what people would think, I wasn’t sure if that was even possible. What if at the stage someone would hold the wedding to tell us it is illegal. That thought was so embarrassing I stopped thinking about it. I followed Jace’s advice and kept breathing.
I thought about positive things. How I will be loved for all my life. But then another thought came to my mind. What about after my life? What if Magnus was lying and he would move on. I shook away the thought. I didn’t want to think about it and I kept thinking of my life with him. But my life with him would also be short, then I will become a burden on him and I cringed at the thought. I was nervous and anxious but a major part of me was happier than I have ever been. I will have what I craved for the most. Love, protection, care, attention as well as the person I want all these from. The love of my life, Magnus Bane.
I went to my bed and sat on it staring at the window hopelessly. Magnus shut the curtains with Magic to lock them like that to keep me from seeing what’s going on outside and the curiosity was eating me alive. Hurry up Magnus or I might end up fighting with my siblings and Clary to let me out. I lay down and dozed off.
Magnus’ P.O.V
Things were perfect now. Oh how hard you were to get Alec, I remembered. But now that I have you, I will never let you go, I promised myself. I started getting ready for the wedding. A black tuxedo was selected for me by Isabelle and Alec’s dress was still a surprise. My hairs were spiked by Regnor and Catherine did my makeup.
She made sure for everything to be extra glitter-ish and my eyeliner was much broader and prominent today, perfect. “You are looking fabulous as always Magnus, much brighter today.” Said Regnor and I smiled to myself. “I wish you a very good luck my friend. Stay happy just the way you are right now. Always.” He added and I looked at him confused, “What? Are you leaving or something?” “No” he smirked “but I don’t think after the wedding you will come to see me rather than portal with Alexander to your room.” And I looked away blushing furiously while Catherine coughed to hide her laughter.
Alec’s P.O.V
“Get up Alec that is enough of beauty sleep.” Said Izzy while shaking me and I got up rubbing my eyes and looked at Izzy to see her waiting for me holding a white tuxedo. I stared at it for a while then dragged my eyes to Izzy to watch her grin proudly. “I selected this for you, you’ll perfect in It.” and she placed the tuxedo on bed carefully beside me. “Now get up and change. I and Clary will get you ready for the wedding.
I was almost going to cancel the wedding at that but Izzy added “Only I will Alec but Clary insisted so I will let her do things that will keep her away from you.” And I nodded and got up. I had shower and wore the tuxedo. It was fitting perfectly. I came out to find Izzy already in cobalt coloured dress, almost ready. I sat down in front of the mirror. She applied the eyeliner and then the lipstick to herself and came to me to dry my hair up and then did a little makeup that won’t be prominent. I wondered how Magnus would be looking today.
Magnus’ P.O.V
I was standing at the stage now, waiting for Alexander while talking to Regnor. There was sweet scent of roses everywhere and all I was able to think about was Alexander’s reaction to the decoration. Would he like it? Of course he would. The decorations were elegant, just like him. Alec’s parents were welcoming the guests. They came in after the last guest who arrived and sit at the back, Raphael. He smiled up to me and nodded. I nodded back. Raphael was like a child to me. I was happy to have him here.
Just after a minute Isabelle came in and walked towards the stage with her usual grace. She looked lovely in a cobalt coloured dress and with her was Clary in a black dress that was shining across the room. Just as Izzy came to me and stood beside me she muttered, “He’s nervous and also admiring the decoration.” She grinned and I felt my face turning into a grin as well.
Then he entered looking all around. He was wearing a white tuxedo and looked all fresh. The guests were staring at him and he visibly gulped and then he looked at me and locked his stare and he smiled making me smile as well. He was the most beautiful person breathing on earth. I was sure of it. He walked slowly up to me. When he was near the stage I offered my hand to him and he took it. His hands were cold as ice and I smirked at how I was making him nervous right now.
Alec’s P.O.V
He smirked and I swallowed hard. I knew he understood what my ice cold hands meant. I was nervous, and he seemed very pleased with that. Everything was so stunningly amazing it felt like a dream. When I entered I had gazes upon me but as I looked at him everything else blurred. I stood in front of him. He looked more attractive today than any other time I’ve seen him.
I looked into those eyes storming with whatever emotions he was stifling right now. He hired a silent brother to keep the wedding acceptable to shadowhunters. The silent brother spoke into all our minds, “The time has come to vow. Let us all settle down and listen to the vow that is to be made. Alexander Gideon Lightwood, son of Robert and Maryse Lightwood and Magnus Bane son of As-” I cut in just in time seeing Magnus turning into the color of a parchment.
“I, Alexander Gideon Lightwood vow to give you Magnus Bane my heart, my life, my past, my future and my everything through all the good times and the bad ones, through all the hardships and every normal day. We will make it through every day, every hour, every second, and every heartbeat together. I vow to never leave you alone. And I vow to love you just the way I do today throughout my life, no, I vow to love you more every day. Aku cinta kamu Magnus. Will you hold my hand throughout my life and will you be with me forever. Would you take me as your husband?” I finished
His eyes were watery and he was trying as hard as he could to stop the tears from coming. They would destroy his eyeliner and I smiled brightly than I thought I could. “I do, Alec, I do, I do.” And we exchanged rings with shaking hands as runes would kill Magnus and then he kissed me hard and passionately and I heard claps and hooting but everything was muffled because of my heartbeat. It was thunderous. He pulled back and he was crying destroying his liner but no one cared anymore. He was mine and I loved him just as he was. “It’s the time for cake.” I heard Izzy say but I couldn’t take my eyes off of Magnus and he couldn’t as well, clearly.
Clary came up to me and whispered, “Congratulations Alec! Now here is the gift from the three of us. We somehow convinced the clave that you will be the only person on earth to have this rune.” She held my hand and made a rune on it. “It’s the immortality rune.” She whispered and I was shocked and I kept staring at her for 2 minutes straight without knowing what to do. “Thank you.” I breathed completely shocked and hugged her and she hugged me back and Magnus wrapped his arms around both of us. Now it was my turn to be emotional.
There was music and fireworks and fun and food till night but just as everything finished we portalled to Magnus’ apartment to our room. I stepped out of the portal to find all of my stuff already there and I turned around to see Magnus stepping out of the portal smirking and I couldn’t help but blush. It was one long night and I woke up next morning next to him. It was the first time I saw him sleeping. He was so peaceful when he was asleep that I leaned down to kiss him without thinking. He woke up and smirked looking up at me, “Morning my soul mate.” He breathed. I kissed him again in reply. Magnus Bane, the high warlock of Brooklyn, was now my husband, my soul mate. Life couldn’t be any better.