0.3

ØØØØØØØØØØØØØØØØØØØØ

AMBER WALKED through the busy airport, her fingers wrapped tightly around the straps of her backpack. Her heart was racing and her palms began to sweat.

She was home.

Amber knew she shouldn't have come back, it would just resurface all the memories she'd been suppressing for too long, along with haunting image of her being caught.

She shivered at the thought of the cold, damp and dark cell, she'd escaped from. Amber shook her head trying to rid the chilling thoughts.

She loosened up a little as she noticed a few people glancing at her, giving Amber worried or strange looks.

Amber stepped out of the warm crowded airport and a light breeze swept past her, causing her hair to fan out to the side.

Amber walked to the edge of the busy sidewalk and knocked on the window of a vacant yellow taxi.

"Hello?" Amber asked, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. She heard a small click and she pulled open the car door. Amber slid into the backseat, and shrugged off her backpack.

"Where to?" The cab driver questioned, pulling out of his parking space.

Amber took a breath in, "The Avengers facility, upstate" she told the man, hoping he wouldn't question it.

She fixed her cap lower on her head and her sunglasses were covering her terrified and wide eyes. Amber felt paranoid at every glance the man sent her way as he drove. She relaxed in her seat as time passed, Amber kept her eyes focused ahead of her.

It felt like years before the large metallic Avengers facility came into view. Amber took a shallow breath in.

"You can pull over here" She told the driver, as he pulled into the side of the road, she threw him a fifty dollar bill.

"Thank you" she told him flatly as she got out, and as soon as she closed the door the driver zoomed far off into the distance.

Sometimes Amber wished her powers would be miraculously restored. Not only did she feel incapable because of her age but she felt like the most useless and helpless of the Avengers, or well... what was left of them.

Amber took a sharp breath in as she walked down the sidewalk leading to a 'top secret' back entrance to the facility. She knew it led right into Tony's lab, where hopefully he would be.