0.8

TW: if prone to talk about suicidal tendencies, this chapter might not be for you. Please take care when reading and if you can't bring yourself to read it, skip to the next chapter :) love you all <3

 Please take care when reading and if you can't bring yourself to read it, skip to the next chapter :) love you all <3

ØØØØØØØØØØØ

A SOFT KNOCK ON THE METAL DOOR, awoke Amber from her state of sleep. Steve and Natasha stood at the door, both of them smiling softly and holding a cup of coffee presumably for the girl.

Amber sat up in the small bed and leaned her back against the headboard as she squinted her eyes to adjust to the flood of light pooling in from outside.

Steve and Natasha both walked towards her, closing the door behind them. The two sat on either side of her. They seemed hesitant to say anything but after a small glance at each other they obviously came to a conclusion.

"Hey Am" Steve greeted the smaller girl, giving her the cup of coffee he was holding, "How are you feeling?"

Amber sighed and looked down. She shouldn't have lashed out at Wanda last night. She also probably shouldn't have used her old scars to prove a point.

She felt guilty.

"I-I'm Sorry" Amber murmured, as her hands grasped the warm cup.

"Kid.....You have no reason to be sorry. You did nothing wrong. If anything, we are the ones who should say sorry" Natasha interjected, her eyes pitiful and wide.

Amber hated it. She hated when people pitied her. Everyone had their own problems and everyone deals with them differently.

Some more drastically different than others.

Amber looked down. She hated this feeling. The feeling of being weak, the feeling of uselessness and the feeling of sadness.

"I-I didn't know what to do... I was beaten and broken.... severely fucking depressed and then when I finally got my family back, I was shipped to England" Amber replied, her voice wavering.

Natasha and Steve looked down in sadness. Their Amber. Their small innocent Amber. The girl who they'd found in the forest. The girl who'd helped them. The girl who'd laughed at small jokes. The girl who'd put everyone else before herself.

The girl they abandoned.

"You know... I used to have a friend...she meant the world to me" Natasha spoke up after a few seconds.