0.9

ØØØØ

ØØØØ

THEY WERE HOME.

In the place where they'd trained, laughed and hung out.

They were home.

In the place where they technically weren't welcome, but where else to go?

As the quinjet landed on the bare training fields, Steve is placed a reassuring hand on the girls shoulder as the metal exit opened.

The quinjet was flooded with light as Steve, Natasha and Amber led the way as Wanda and Sam helped Vision walk.

It was as if time froze as the six briskly walked into the facility. So much has changed since the last time they'd all been here. Amber fidgeted with the cuffs of her suit out of an anxious habit.

"If I remember your signature on those papers colonel"

That voice. That damned voice made Amber stop in her tracks. She gulped and clenched her teeth trying to get her sudden spike of anxiety to calm.

Natasha and Steve stopped when they saw the girl wasn't beside them anymore.

"Amber?" Steve asked softly, urging her to follow.

"He's here. It's him....why is it always him?" Amber whispered frantically.

Natasha walked towards the girl, "We won't let him hurt you. I promise" she murmured.

Amber took a shaky breath in and followed the blonde as she made her way to where the voices were coming from.

"Having second thoughts?" Thaddeus Ross' voice sounded,

"Not anymore" Another voice replied as Steve beeped in a password into the system.

Rhodes and Ross looked towards the group of renowned 'vigilantes' as they walked towards them, their heads held high, showing no fear.

"Mr Secretary" Steve said brassily, as Amber mentally shot daggers at the hologram of Ross.

Secretary Ross let his eyes roll over the six, his eyes lingering on Amber as she clenched her jaw.

"You got some nerve" The man spoke, "ill give you that"

"You could use some of that right now" Natasha fired back calmly,