Competition

Welcome back _______!

Username: ______
Password: •••••••••

Loading page...

Loading is complete!

Chapter : Competition

Idol chosen : Ahn Yujin

Do you wish to enter a world of imagination?

YES | NO

Loading chapter...

Loading is complete!

"So, Class President…have you chosen someone for the relay race on Sports Day?"

"Yes…I have chosen Eunbi, Chaeyeon, Haruto and Y/N…if that's fine with you, Ms. Kim…"

"That's absolutely fine…Well, good luck for the race guys!"

"Thank you, Ms. Kim!"

And that's how I got chosen for the relay race happening next week.

"Y/N, you know…I heard that Ahn Yujin from the next class is also participating in the relay race!"

"Oh Jisoos! Bless me!"

There is some bad blood that happened between Yujin and I.

It was all because of a push…

Flashback

"What? You're breaking up with me after a year of relationship?! You've got to be kidding me…"

"Listen, neither do I want to…okay? I just…don't have feelings for you anymore…"

"Why did I even fall in love with you in the first place, Wonyoung?"

I ran along the corridor, not wanting Wonyoung to chase after me, and bumped into someone causing her to spill her drink all over her hoodie.

"Hey! Watch where you're going! Dude, this is freaking $90!"

I just mumbled an apology and ran up to the rooftop.

End Of Flashback

Ever since then, bad incidents started to happen to me especially when I am around her.

Eunbi, Chaeyeon, Haruto and I met up at the school field to practice passing the baton to each other.

"Oh seems like some people are practicing here as well, Wonyoungie…"

We all looked over to see Yujin, Wonyoung, Eunwoo and Moonbin looking at us as we were discussing the strategy.

"So, are y'all determined to win us?" Moonbin patted Haruto's back as I glanced at him.

Haruto shrugged Moonbin's shoulder off his back and continued doing his stuff.

"Geez, you didn't need to be so rude..."

"Moonbin, let's get out of this place, we still have many things to practice. And it's much better than wasting our time here on these idiots…"

Yujin glared at me before turning around to leave.

"Well, at least they left…Hey, Y/N don't need to be so sad about it, pretty sure she hates you because you're handsome."

Eunbi placed a hand on my back to comfort me.

"Eunbi, that…doesn't even make sense..."

"Guys! Let's practice shall we?" Chaeyeon shouted out loud with enthusiasm.

We spent the day practicing and strategizing on how we could run better and win this competition.

The day that I anticipated soon arrived as I woke up and prepared for the relay race.

Chaeyeon is supposed to run first followed by Haruto, Eunbi and lastly, me.

And since Lady Luck isn't on my side, I found out that Yujin is running last too which means that I'm competing against her.

The moment the whistle blowed, my heart skipped a beat as I cheered for Chaeyeon who was leading the race with Wonyoung following closely behind her.

When she passed the baton to Haruto, he ran as fast as he could but I guess Eunwoo's long legs were faster than him.

Eunwoo takes the first place and Haruto filled the second place.

As he passed the baton to Eunbi, I could feel the tension rising in my stomach as she slowly but steadily caught up with Moonbin.

She was approaching me and Moonbin was approaching Yujin at the same speed and both of them were literally beside each other.

As I got hold of the baton, I ran as fast as I could and I could the crowd cheering for me.

But then, I heard a thud and it suddenly got quiet and there were some "Ow" and "Boo" in the crowd.

I stopped running and turned around.

I saw Yujin on the ground, holding the baton while clutching her ankle.

Suddenly, the world around me seemed to stop, I had to make a decision within seconds.

To help her or to continue running?

I jogged towards Yujin and helped her up.

She winces in pain as I supported her, with her arms around my shoulder.

"Why didn't you continue the race?" She mumured softly as I carried her to the First Aid.

"Because I'm a good sport and I couldn't have possibly continued the race with you in pain behind me..."

"Thanks… I guessed I had a misunderstanding on you… sorry…"

"It's okay, you can forget about it…"

I placed her gently on a chair while the First Aiders were getting the disinfectant to clean her wound.

I turned around to head back to my team mates as I felt a pair of hands hold my arm.

"Could you…stay with me… for a while…?"

I looked at her as I pulled out a chair and sat beside her.

"Y/N, there's something that I've wanted to tell you for a long time…"

I looked at her in anticipation as she fiddled with her fingers.

"I… like you a lot… since we started this cold war… I noticed things in you that I've never noticed before… not in any other guys…"

I looked at her in confusion, my eyes widen in shock.

"Hey Yujin… can I tell you something crazy? I think… that I like you too…"

I smiled at her as she smiled back before engulfing me into a warm hug.