Chapter Three

Park Jimin

I stare down at the dark hole in the ground disdainfully. "Should we get him out or let him rot down there?" So I'm petty I didn't get my meal. I'm starving.
Jin tilts his head, staring down. "Bring him in. He should be out for awhile. The transformation should be happening soon. He shouldn't be seen or heard outside. Take him to...the cellar."
Nodding, I jump down easily into the hole, crunching on skulls and old bones as I grab the unconscious boy and throw him over the edge of the hole. Climbing out effortlessly, I toss him over my shoulder and carry him back into the house and into the cellar.
This is actually the nicest part of our house. It's our home inside the home. The one place we can be comfortable without worries and prying eyes. Most don't even know a cellar exists down here. It's why they never found us and assumed us missing all those years ago. They never checked this room.
I throw him down on my bed and stare at him, wrinkling my nose. He stinks like puke. Sure, I eat entrails and brains but even I have standards. Ew. "Should we hose him off?"
Jin sits down on the couch with a bag of charred preserved human tongue chips and shrugs, tossing a few in his mouth. "Whatever."
I pout, sitting down beside him. "I'm hungry."
"You let the other one go. We could have fed off them both for days."
"It wasn't my fault!"
"You were outmaneuver by a human. It is your fault." He sneers.
I cross my arms angrily, huffing. "He tore my face."
He touches my bare human cheek and smiles. "You're still beautiful in this form. Does the other really matter? Trying to impress anyone?"
I play with my hands. "I'm sick of being here. I want to leave. Explore. I can bring us back food." I plead.
Namjoon glares at me. "No."
"Please. I can bring more humans back. I can take this one with me and make him help." I suggest.
"He'll run. You know the rules—you can't leave."
"Times have obviously changed and I can be discreet. Please."
They both look pointedly at the sleeping boy. At Yoongi. "Uh, the times do not bode well for us if this is the humans we are working with. It seems they've just become stupider."
I can't fault that fact.
      Sighing, I sit back and cross my arms. "I wanna go!" I whine, kicking my legs like a kid.
        "You are over fifty years old. Please do behave like it."
      I give them a withering look. "I will act the age I look."
      "Oh, so you're a toddler now."
     "I stopped aging at 17!" I yell in frustration.
      They both laugh. "Oh, Jiminie. You look five."
      "You guys suck dick."
     "Only as a last resort. We prefer the brain juices, thank you." Jin sniffs, still devouring the charred tongue remains.
      Groaning, I look at the human. "I'm going to go clean him up."
     They wave me off as I drag him back up the stairs to the bathroom. We don't use it very often as we have no need. I drop him in the shower and turn on the icy water, amused as he immediately comes to life and screams, scrambling out of the tub. Soaked.
      He stares at me wide eyed, panting. "H-how did I get here?!"
      "I carried you inside. You stink."
      He scoffs. "You're one to talk!"
     "Clean up." I glance towards the door, feeling rebellious. "I'll let you go hunting with me."
      He doesn't move, staring at me in confusion. "H-hunting?"
      "For food. I can't eat you now and I'm starving. You will help me get another human."
      His mouth twists as he rinses himself off, contemplating. "Will I be able to go home after I get you another human?"
      "Yes." I lie.
     He eyes me. "You're lying, right? Didn't you say I could never leave? You trust me to stay with you while hunting?"
      I hold up a pair of handcuffs. "You won't be able to leave me unless you cut off your hand."
     "I might consider that."
     I shrug. "Suit yourself."
     I allow him a few minutes to clean up before dragging him back up the stairs towards the attic. He frowns. "Uh, I thought we were leaving."
       "We are. I'm actually not allowed to leave so we have to escape from here."
      I grab his wrist and place the cuff around it before latching the other side to my own. He groans and tugs at it, accidentally jerking me towards him. We fall to the ground, me on top of him.
      I blink down at his face to see him looking at my lips. I lick them unconsciously and he groans. "Let me kiss you." He pleads.
      "You still want to? After seeing my true form?" Mildly shocked.
      He smiles. "You're gorgeous. Can't help myself. Sure, you're terrifying and all but still weirdly cute—monster zombie and all."
      His words are kind of sweet. Without thinking, I lean down and press my lips to his.
      He slips his tongue into my mouth and deepens the kiss, holding my body tightly against his own. Closing my eyes, I actually allow myself to enjoy it, his flavor. I've never kissed a human. Ever. Not even when I was one. Never got the chance.
      I missed a lot of chances as a human. I regret not getting this one. I kiss him back hungrily—for once not craving to eat him, just craving his closeness. His lips and tongue on mine. It's sweet and unknowing. A completely new experience.
      I pull back after a long long time to see him flushed and panting. I wish I could be like that. Being dead kinda sucks sometimes. I can enjoy his kiss but not experience the heart palpitations, the flushed heated cheeks, the strong lust...
      "I think...I don't mind staying here with you. As long as you don't eat me like promised."
      I smile a little. He certainly won't have to worry about that after he's one of us. The changes should begin happening very soon...
      I stand, pulling him up with me and opening the window. "Alright. Let's go."
      I climb out the window, forcing him to follow me. I eye the pool, still full of rain water and plan the jump.
      He gasps. "Uh, bitch, you better not—"
      I jump. Dragging him down behind me. He screams way too loud so I press my lips back to his to shut him up before we're caught. His eyes are wide with terror as we sink down under the water.
      I use my body to save him from the concrete bottom, cracking my skull. Luckily it doesn't hurt. I swim up to the surface and he coughs and sputters beside me.
       "The fuck! You almost killed me! I can't swim, you psycho!"
      Rolling my eyes, I roll out of the pool and drag him after me. "Lets go before its morning. We have to be back soon."
      "Ugh, So fucking needy."
"Shut up and move."