Chapter Eighteen

Min Yoongi

    "How the hell can no one even notice I'm dead! What about my parents?! They still think I'm alive?" Hoseok grumbles. "I didn't even get to have a funeral!"
     I shrug, eating on my sandwich. "I might have mentioned you ran off with a boyfriend or something. They took it surprisingly well, actually." I note. It was an awkward conversation to have with my friend's parents who I've known all my life. They weren't even surprised. Ha.
     He pouts. "What am I? Lower than dirt?! How can they not care their beloved only son ran off?!"
     "You didn't run off. And we all know you're an irresponsible slut."
    "I know and fuck you! That makes it so much worse. I'm so upset. I want to march over there and tell them off!" He growls. "Or better yet—rip their faces off!"
"Easy killer." I snort. "They are still you parents."
"I've been reborn, Yoongles. I no longer have parents." He says mystically, eyes shining creepily.
"First off—don't fucking call me Yoongles. Second off—that's the dumbest shit you've ever said and that's saying a lot. Third—"
"Is this going to be a long list?" He grumbles, ripping off a piece of raw...something...and tearing into it like a beast. Bloody juice running down his lips. He licks it off. Ew.
Jimin chooses this moment to walk in ending my pending rant and wraps his arms around me. I lean into him and kiss his cheek.
"Are you two still arguing? It's been two days since you've met again." He sighs. "You guys never stop."
"Nope. I was just letting him know what a sorry sack of shit he is and no one loves his fat ass anymore."
"I beg your pardon, bitch. My ass is tastefully plump. Not fat, you stupid jackass."
Rolling my eyes, I ignore him and grasp Jimin's hands, gazing into his lovely eyes. "Are you ready for school tomorrow, baby?"
He bites his lip nervously but nods. "I am. I've been studying a lot. Been watching humans, too. Learning."
Hoseok drops his...whatever meal...frowning at us. "You two...are going to school tomorrow? I want to go!!" Pouting.
"Fuck off. You'd eat the whole school."
"No I wouldn't." He sniffs. "I do have standards."
"Not from the guys you've ate up in the past even before you became a zombie..." I smirk.
"Let's not bring those up, please. I've learned from my past. I'm a new me."
"Doubtful."
Hoseok gives Jimin puppy eyes but the other simply shakes his head.
"Sorry. Not up to me, Hoseok. You have to talk to Jin and Namjoon. It took me forever to convince them to let me go and I have much better control than you."
"But I'm so bored here! That's why I eat so much. There's nothing else to do. You guys only now let me out of that disgusting cellar to breathe fresh air and socialize! I'm not that ravenously crazy. I can control myself. Case in point." He points at me proudly.
I scowl. "What?"
"You're alive, aren't you? You've been with me for the last few hours."
"Try to come bite me. I'll rip your throat out."
"I'm much stronger and faster than you. I turn into a mutant cannibalistic beast. Do you really think you can still take me? I don't hurt you because I'm still stupid enough to love you." He whines.
Jimin frowns. "You love him?"
"Of course I do. We love each other, right?" They both look at me.
Clearing my throat, I look away. "I don't hate you...if that's what you mean. Love is a strong word, my friend." Evasive.
Jimin's gaze turns into a glare. "We're you two a real thing before? Dating?"
"Ew!"
"Gonna fucking puke!"
"Jeeze."
I swallow convulsively, trying not to think of it. "We've never dated. Just friends, Minie. I promise."
Hoseok nods. "He wishes he could've had this ass."
I throw my leftover sandwich at his head. It hits him square in the face knocking him off his chair. I laugh.
"Gross! Bitch, you got mayo in my hair!"
"...bet that brings back some memories..." I snicker under my breath.
"Fuck you! Fuck you! Fuck you!"
"Uhhh...I don't get it." Jimin whispers in my ear, confused and looking cute. So innocent.
"You don't want to know." Sighing, I take his hand and pull him up the stairs away from the zombie perv still pouting in the kitchen.
We climb on Jimin's bed and I pull him close in my arms, kissing his cheeks. "Are you sure you aren't nervous about tomorrow? Promise me that if you get that feeling you'll find me right away."
He smiles sweetly. "I promise. I've been doing better. I can do this. I know it." He looks into my eyes. "I'm excited."
"Me too. I finally get to brag and show off my amazingly cute boyfriend."
He smacks my chest. "Stop."
"What? I'm being serious. I lucked into finding you and want everyone to know that you're mine." I boast.
He rolled his eyes. "I think finding me was bad luck for you."
"Nope. I've never been happier in my entire life. No matter how we started...and no matter what happens in the future...you're the best thing that's ever happened to me." My voice is low and somber in the quiet room.
"A-are you sure you really think that?" It's a vulnerable sound. He clings to my shirt.
Nodding, I bury my face in his neck and breathe in deeply. "Yes, I really think that, baby. I fucking love you so much I think I would die without you."
"You could still die with me." He whispers, scared.
Grinning, I cup his cheeks and kiss his lips. "That's a risk I'm more than willing to take. I still think death by you is still preferable to most other ways to go." Teasing.
"Can you be serious like ever?"
"I am being serious and you know it."
"Why are you always like this? Are you sure you are even human?"
I'm offended. "What are you implying?"
Snorting, he rolls on top of me and rests his chin on my chest, staring down at me. "I think you are the cannibalistic beast. I always feel like you're waiting to eat me up."
"...how did you know! What gave me away? Couldn't possibly be...my big mouth saying so every day, right?" Rolling my eyes.
"Are you being sarcastic?"
"Are you being intentionally dense?"
"Meanie."
"We both know I always want to eat you up but it's not cannibalistic. It's pure sexual lust." I wiggle my brows suggestively. "That's never been a secret since the beginning. I've always been like that with you."
"Well that's true."
I play with his hair, urging him into soft gentle kisses. He willingly opens to me. "Baby, I really want to love you tonight but since we both have school in the morning...I should hold back."
He pouts. "You don't have to hold back..."
"Oh, now you want my kinky perverted side? Weren't you just complaining about my beastly nature and now that I'm being good you're disappointed?" Scoffing.
He giggles, rolling off me. "Fair point. Maybe you've rubbed off on me."
I groan. "Don't tease me. My patience is only so strong, Jimin." I close my eyes and try to calm myself down. "Let's just sleep."
"Okay. I love you, Yoongi."
I touch his cheek. "Love you, too, baby boy."