Chapter Twenty One

Park Jimin

    "Why are you glaring at your brother like that?"
    Shaking his head, he ignores my question and leads me back to his room. I sit down on the edge of the bed and watch as he paces, muttering under his breath.
     "Are you alright?" What did I miss? He was fine earlier. Did Jungkook upset him somehow? I doubt that. He seems to really look up to Yoongi.
     Sighing, he throws himself face first on the bed beside me and groans. His head turns to look at me. "Why are you so pretty? So graceful and desirable, huh?"
     What? "What?"
     He reaches out and touches my cheek gently. "Are you hungry yet?"
     I think about it, feeling out my body's needs. "I don't think so. Not yet."
     He nods.
    "Why don't we go back to my place. I'm sure Hoseok is missing us."
     His expression brightens and he smiles. "Right. I miss that dumbass."
    Grinning in relief at his more positive mood, I grab his hand and together we head back over to my place. Jin and Namjoon are bickering in the kitchen as we arrive, fighting over a big pot of...something.
     My stomach growls and my mouth salivates. "Is that..."
     Jin nods proudly, shoving Namjoon away from the stove. "I've been working on improving the flavor and benefits." He lifts a huge ladle and holds it up to me.
     Eagerly, I suck the juicy meaty soup into my mouth and moan. So good. "I didn't think it was possibly to make it taste better." I admit. "It's delicious."
     Namjoon pouts. "Why does Jimin get some before me?! I've been here slaving and helping you and you haven't let me try a drop!"
     Jin glares. "Because I want you to experience the taste for the first time when it's fully ready. Jimin is good with anything but you are extremely picky!"
      Huffing, Namjoon slumps against the table and stares at the wall. "I want to sample some, too! I'm starving."
     "You ate like two hours ago while we went shopping! A whole two hundred and thirty pound man. How are you still that hungry? You barely even shared with me!"
      They continue arguing so I use the distraction to make myself a huge bowl of the yummy human veggie soup and drag Yoongi down to the basement with me.
      Hoseok is already finishing up his bowl. His eyes stare daggers at us as we arrive. "Bout time you assholes remembered my existence!"
     "How could we forget you?" I smile reassuringly and he calms a bit. His anger is turned fully on Yoongi, however. He points at him menacingly. "Sit down and good before I forget I love you and eat you."
     Yoongi scoffs but does take a seat, pulling me down onto his lap at the same time. I enjoy my soup while they chat.
     I notice the look of envy Hoseok keeps sneaking us. He sighs. "Jimin...do you think I still have a chance at finding love like this? I'm so jealousy of you two it makes me crazy! It's not fair. A human and a zombie love story. It's really not fair."
      Yoongi smirks, lacing our fingers together and pecking my cheek. "You never had a chance to have our kind of love even as a human. You only wanted sluts and cheaters like yourself. You never would have found what you wanted in the environment you revolved around."
      I frown at this. "That's not nice. Don't say he can't find love. I know how he feels." 
     Yoongi's eyes widen. "Baby, I'm just being honest. You really don't understand his type of people. They weren't looking for love. They only wanted sex."
      I look at him pointedly.
     He stares back ignorantly.
     Sighing, I poke his cheek. "You were like that, too. Remember when we first met?"
     He ponders this, smiling slow. "Of course I do. I'm sorry. I didn't treat you with enough respect. I will make it up to you for the rest of our lives."
      Again, I frown at this. "You realize I'm immortal, right? You will still die and leave me here alone and I'll have nothing again. Just like him." That thought terrifies me and I don't like dwelling on it at all.
     "Hey! Rude!" Hoseok scowls.
      I give him an apologetic look."
     He laughs. "Yoongi's karma will come for him soon. He'll die young, I'm sure of it. Unless you make him like us but you already said it doesn't work so..." He snorts. "Maybe that's the karma. How ironic. Can't be infected when you want to be..." He laughs.
     Yoongi glares at him, flinging my spoon at his head. "Fuck off, fucker!"
     Leaping to his feet, Hoseok completely knocks our chair over and I'm flung to the side as both begin an all out battle.
     Sighing, I sit back and grab my discarded spoon to finish my meal. I watch calmly as they growl and bite and scratch and punch on each other. Hoseok is holding back and it only angers Yoongi even more. It's kind of funny.
     When I'm done, I walk around them back up the stairs to my room. Jin and Namjoon are being lovey on the living room couch while watching some fashion show on tv.
      When I'm alone, press my hand to my chest, not feeling much of anything but hard and cold. Not like Yoongi. Warm and pumping full of life. I don't want to think of an eternity without him. I'm in love. I can't lose him.
     Chewing on my bottom lip, I pull out the notebook of theories I've been working on and go over them. I've been pondering on possibilities involving Yoongi's affinity for resisting our virus or whatever this is.
      There's a big reason I wanted to start school again. I want to research this secretly by using the science labs and learning new things.
      Perhaps...perhaps one of two things can happen;
     Maybe I can find a way to infect him somehow.
    Or maybe his blood could be the key component to a cure for us.
     I need to find out one way or another. The only problem is...either option is almost surely sacrificing Yoongi for the cause.
    I don't want to lose him...but what if I can be human again? Live a normal life again? Can I really give that up—make everyone else give that chance up—by staying selfish and only thinking of my love and loneliness for Yoongi?
      I need to talk to him about this but I'm afraid. Afraid he will be angry or leave me. Or worse...
     He will agree to sacrifice himself for us.
     I don't think I'm ready to handle either outcome.