e i g h t

Eight
_________________
Truth & Lies

Eight_________________Truth & Lies

New York City Train Station
Danny

Her words burned deeper than any secret back hill brewed, Tennessee moonshine ever could. Swallowing them with a wicked swig and no chaser to follow. I watched her lies cover up the truth I knew she was fighting to hide from me.

Nothing I hadn't saw that blue eyed, blonde haired beauty do before. She was always one quick to mask true feelings, something I never quite understood--- so instead, I loved her more for it because even the undescribable and odd characteristics of Milly were quite wonderful in there own way... Amazing even.

Though the Milly, I mean, Amelia, I saw just a few minutes ago--- showed me a bitter side to a quality of hers, I wish I never knew existed... But did, and it was all because of some fool, and that fool is me.

There I stood, taking in every sting, stab, and skin peeling word that spouted like boiling water straight  from those perfectly red stained lip's. Frozen, all I could see was the evidence of her lies dripping down the soft skin of her cheeks. She didn't want me to notice it, or the fact that I could hold that much hurt over her--- and if there was a way in this word I could take back all the pain I  have caused that makes her want to lie instead of giving in to the truth that I know lives still, somewhere in the depths of Milly's heart.. I would in a blink.

I'd do anything to make Amelia McCawley, my girl again.

Snapping back into reality, people crowded all around. Walking from every direction. Their plans of new journeys resting within their  finger tips. While sounds of their conversations still couldn't drown out my thoughts of her, or  those last heart crushing words she left me sufficate with. My world was at a stern stand still, but to others, the world continued to turn just as it always has or did...

Though mine hasn't been the same for over six years, and last night, I feared would be the only piece of heaven I will have between my girl and I.. just a small moment in time that our busy and always seems to be changing lives, stood still. Cherishing each second that last night created, no words, no explanations... Just us.

No matter how much she may regret it, last night will forever live inside of my heart. For only a few minutes, I held my world in my arms, spinning her around on a overly crowded dance floor, though all I  saw was her--- she stole my heart all over again, and how that is possible, I'm gonna' spend the rest of my life trying to figure out because over these last six years... I thought I couldnt love her more than I already did. But as always, Amelia amazed me yet again as the waves of more love for her came flooding in.