t e n

Ten

_______________Certianty{{part two}}

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

_______________
Certianty
{{part two}}

**important note from author.// Please be advised that chapter ten starts out in Danny's point of view from the past. It is to wrap up where we left off in chapter nine. Please also be aware that following the flashback, the story will go back to the present (1941,) and told through Amelia's point of view. Hopefully this clears up confusion!

July 29th, 1934
5:57am
McCawley Farm
Danny

Holding out a glass of water. Rafe blindfully takes it. His eyelids being held almost closed from the bricks that build a hangover.

Not a bat from his heavy eyes as they adjust to the real world that he spent all night avoiding. He takes a shaky sip at the water, searching for relief from the whiskey driven dryness of his throat.

"I can't believe I let that fool near Amelia... Dann it..." Rafe punishes himself as the cloud of what all happened last night becomes more clear. Using his palms to pull at his face. He doesn't even look at me when his sorrow driven stare spats out, "Danny it was a good thing you were there to stop what ever plan Gil had up his sleeve."

Leaning against the old barn door, my arms folded over one another while I wait for a sober Rafe to realize all his wrong drunken doin' from the night before. I wish this was the first time I'd seen him like this... But sadly, Rafe always seemed to run from his problems by the help of a whiskey bottle.

"Wanna talk bout the reason why you drank so much? Or are we gonna keep pretendin' none of that happened? Because I know of a wild blonde haired girl that would to strangle you right bout now." I stand my ground. Too exhausted to care how harsh it may have sounded. I've been here all night, just as I promised a worried Milly that I would.

Rafe catches his face within his palms, sighing out a long shaky breath before looking in my direction through the mess of his hair.

"Daddy's sick... And it dont look too good..." His voice rattles before breaking. Ruffling a hand threw his hair to try and hide the real pain Rafe felt.

"Don't s'pose you'll help keep this from her... Would ya?"

Rafe didnt have to mention Amelia's name for me to catch on to the who in his question, dragging his words as though they weighed a ton.

I push away from the door and walk closer to lean a shoulder against the stall that Rafe had been resting next too. Gazing around I found it hard to not remince from old times...