~○6○~

The Far Away Village

~◇Marzia◇~

Further talk occured, and the knight had to prove to Felix that he is a real knight, he even made saving Brad a reason. I don't know if the knight's desperate or the prince is in denial.

But once he saw Brad his immediate reaction was to hug him. It was so clear they had a bond, a bond the prince and I can never have.

The knight proceeded to tell us history.

"From the woods, I quickly made my way to the castle once I heard the clashing of swords and explosions of bombs. Once I was there I guess I was too late." He sat down on the huge root of the tree beside the fire.

"I fought some of the assasins and saw a glimpse of the inside. The king is dead." He sighs heavily, clearly downed by the fact. "That was the moment I knew my next duty was to save you and find a way to along save the kingdom."

Prince Felix looked down on the knight. He obviously was in pain by the words that his father is dead. Seeing the knight in despair is probably enough proof to him.

I got off the horse carefully, trying not to ruin their moment of silence, that is until I missed the foot of the saddle and slipped. "AH!" I yelp.

The three of them jolt their heads towards me, my dress covering half of my face that's now in so much heat. Im blushing arent I?

I quickly pushed the ripped ruffles away from my face and stood up from the muddy forest floor. Three pairs of eyes looked at me judgingly. I feel so embarrassed. These three people, all has of part on royalty, and then theres me, the townsgirl who was assigned to marry a prince. Thats all I am. And now I'm here.. still the same person, I'm not even married to the prince. I'm.... useless.

I walked backwards to hide myself behind the horse. My hands crashing to my face. My eyes were about to start forming tears, this whole situation is too much for someone like me. I was about start sobbing until I heard a voice behind me.

"Marzia." The prince called to me. I turn to him, my face cooling down but I can feel my ears still hot as ever. "What're you doing standing there?"

My hands slowly fall as I stand not saying a word. I can't tell him that I'm about to have a breakdown. In fact I can't tell him anything about me. He's was a jerk to me and I still see the same.

I face away. "I'll just go home the next day." I say, realizing how my voice quivered.

I hear clacking of metal on my other side, "No." His deep voice spoke. We all turn to Sir Mark. "The castle along with it's nearby towns and villages have already been invaded." He announced.

"What?!" The prince blurted in disbelief. While Brad's eyes widened in horror. Sir Mark sighed heavily. "We need to get to the places that are farther away from the castle." He turns to me. "As for you Miss Marzia, you can't go home. You're gonna have to stay with us." He spoke to me.

The news made me so devastated and horrified. The assasins have taken over the castle and towns near it... that means it includes my town.

It almost made me want to let myself go right then and there and cry. But I already was so useless, I can't let myself be seen as weak as well.

I sighed in wary and tried to stand up properly. Staring down onto the soil unable to make eye contact with any of them.

Felix started to speak "Well then, I guess tomorrow we'll start finding the nearest village we come across and leave there immediately after getting everything we need. Supplies, materials, and a place to stay when the next night hits."

I look up and Sir Mark nodded.
"We need to recruit allies, we're going to need alot to get the kingdom back and rid of the assasins."

There is a war coming.

~◇~

The four of us decided to settle in for the night until the hit of daylight. I was suddenly startled by them immediately taking action and riding their steeds. My eyes were barely open and I was half asleep.

I rubbed my eyes to see all of them waiting for someone... me.

I immediately stood up and tripped a little but managed to balance myself.

It took a few hours to find the nearest village from our location.

Now we stand infront of what seems to be an old looking Welcome sign. We can barely see the name of the place.

"Nor......ville..??" Brad tries prounouncing the name, even with glasses the old rusty sign is just plain unreadable.

We brushed it off and walked in. It might've looked old but inside was so.... colorful.

It's like everyone's a baker in here. Useful since we're going to be travelling far.

"OH MY GOD- PRINCE FELIX?!" Someone yelled. All our heads dart to the person on an apron and baking hat.

Then we realized there was a legitimate stampede from every direction heading towards us. "Oh-- I thought this day will never come! The royal family barely comes by this village! We are soooo honored for your visit!" She exclaims.

All four of us got off the horses while surrounded by the villagers, each one excited to see or even touch the royal prince. I then hear the prince whisper to his knight: "Looks like they're unaware of what's happening on the kingdom."

True... "We have to warn them." I whisper, but none of them seems to hear... except for Prince Jerk. He glanced at me. I know he heard me, but he wouldn't do anything.

He started to walk closer to the brunette looking baker. Everyone almost screamed, "OMG she's sooo lucky" and something along that.

"Rosanna, what can I do for you your highness???" She said quickly, I almost didn't understand it.

"I need enough supply of food fo-"
"Oh! We have alot here! You picked the best village your highness! But of course, you have to pick the best bakery as well!" She exclaims cutting off the prince. "Come in!!" She offers claiming her bakery as best. This caused whispering around the crowd surrounding us.

Once he went in, the four of us followed, leaving our horses behind.

Chef Rosanna excitedly showed all her sweets and desserts to us.

"Uhh thanks but we' re looking for long lasting meals." Brad informed her. Her huge smile turned to a confused face. "Yes, we're on a mission to find allies for an upcoming war." Sir Mark followed, with the prince elbowing him.

Rosanna's jaw dropped. Her eyes widen, she was in utter shock. "W...w-"

She stammers while shaking. Making the prince facepalm at his knight. "What? Do you not plan to warn this village your highness?" He asks.

"No! I plan to tell them once we get the resources we need to avoid freak out!!!" He states trying to whisper but literally everyone heard it.

"WAR?!" the chef finished. Yelling at our faces. It was so loud that even everyone outside heard it since we suddenly see people whispering and freaking out.

"Oh no.."