We're Being Punked, Pedro

"All right, gather around. Chain spells are about the fluid movement of energy from witch to witch. Where's Penelope Park?" Mr. Williams was saying.  We sat in a circle holding hands with each other.  Lizzie glanced up at him.

"Um, lady cramps, Mr. Williams." 

"Sorry I asked. A disharmonious group makes for an uneven flow." He said.  I snorted in laughter. The twins laughed with me. My half sister gave me a look. 

"Okay..." Mr. Williams trailed off when seeing a note float towards him.  "Uh-oh, who's in trouble with the headmaster?" He asked. 

"Probably the people who started a rumble with the local high school." Hope suggested. 

"Lizzie Saltzman, Josie Saltzman. And the babies that makes four." Mr. Williams read. 

"This makes no sense, dad." I groaned. "Why are we being punished?" 

"Because you started a brawl at a charity football game that risked exposing what we really do here." Dad was telling us.

"Well, you weren't mad last night." Lizzie reminded.

"I was mad last night. My undying love for my daughters just happened to trump my rage. I volunteered everyone in the game so stop complaining. You're lucky it's just community service and not actual jail time." 

"Can I at least offer a rebuttal in my defense, if it pleases the court? First of all, I was provoked. My response was totally proportional considering the levels of abuse that I was forced to endure. And secondly... If anyone should take the blame, it's Josie and Faith." 

"What?" Josie asked, shocked.

  "I'm sorry." Lizzie said. "I totally crack under cross, but if you had just let Kaleb catch the  ball..."

"You'd still be in trouble." Alaric interrupted.  "But nice job throwing your sisters under the bus." Hope stated. 

"Thank you, Hope." I said.  Lizzie and Josie stared at each other in confusion for me being nice to Hope. 

"Speaking off, the bus leaves in ten minutes, and expect all of you to be on it, working together today, harmoniously and without drama. End of debate." Dad stated. 

"I wasn't even at the game. Why am I being punished?" Hope wondered.

"You know what you did. All right, now, go, all of you. Come on." Dad gave us looks. 

"Seriously?" Hope asked when Lizzie and Josie left the room.

  "What part of what I said needs translating?" He questioned  "I want to help you with research." Hope said. 

"Yeah, I'll do anything but stupid community service." I told him. 

"Dorian had a masters degree in library science. I think the adults have it covered." Dad said.

"So, what did you do? My dad never gets mad at you guys. You're the prodigal daughter. Must have been juicy." Lizzie bombarded Hope with questions.

"Sorry, no time for girl talk. Public service awaits." Hope reminded.

"All right, listen up." Mr. Williams started. "It's a beautiful day. You got options:litter, weeds, graffiti. Your choice."

"It's bad enough we get punished while the humans get a pass, but there ain't no way hell I'm picking up their garbage." Kaleb tried giving the pokey thing to pick up trash to Lizzie.

"Uh, I don't do trash either." Lizzie told him.

"I love trash, as of this moment." Hope said, grabbing it from Kaleb.