What Was Faith Doing In Your Dream

2:00 AM

"How long do you think It will be until the next monster?" Hope asks.

"It's hard to say...I've never seen an artifact glow before. Where did you hide the urn?" Dad questions.

"I'm not sure we should tell you..." I state.

"Excuse me?" Dad say.

"Isn't it safer if only one of us knows..." Hope says.

"technically two people know..." I correct.

"Well then shouldn't that one be the adult." Dad says.

"Funny, I thought it should be the person who has superpowers." I smirk.

"What do we tell everyone else?" Hope asks.

"It's usually best to start with some form of the truth." Dad states.

"What if the truth is the one thing you can't say?" I ask.

"Are you sure you want to keep all of this from Landon?" Dad questions.

"He's been wondering about his mother his whole life. He finally meets her and she dies. If I can keep him from knowing what that feels like then it's worth it. Look, It's my secret to keep, Dad, please." I beg.

"Ok..." Dad mutter.

"Thank you..." I responds.

"Secret trick is to give everybody the right amount of information without giving away too much. This is our chance to do things differently." Dad says.

7:00 AM 

Hope and I are in Dad's office examining Rafael's arm.

  "You said this was happening to you in a dream?" Dad questions. 

"Yeah." Rafael says.

"You sure?" Dad asks.

"Look, I now that it sounds crazy, but I was studying and then I fell asleep, and then I just started dreaming about---" Rafael starts but I interrupt. 

"About what?"  Rafael stare at me for a second...

  "Um...Um...One of my old foster dads. He was in the library and he had this old belt he used to use on me." Rafael explains. 

"Do you remember anything else? Like literally anything?" I ask.

  "Yeah there was this woman there too. She was wearing an old black dress and a veil. She told me that I know what she wants." Rafael tells us. 

"The urn..." Hope says. 

"Sounds like our next monster showed up...You know every culture on earth has legends about creatures that only appear in your dreams." Dad goes and picks up a book. 

"So, does that mean she can control what we see in our dreams? Like, she can put stuff in our head?" Rafael asks. 

"It's possible..." Dad says.  Dad hands the book to Rafael.  "Does this look familiar?"

"Our latest monster is a nighthag. A malevolent spirit trapped on the astronomical plain, that can only interact with you through your dreams. In this case...Nightmares." Dad explains.

"So like Freddy Kruger?" MG asks.

"Well, in the sense that what happens in your dreams seems to also happen in real life, yes, but the good news is we're safe...as long as we stay awake. Now I've lined up more evacuation shuttles. They should be running all afternoon, so please for those who don't want to stay and fight...use them. All right, that's all." Dad explains.