Death Keeps Knocking on My Door

Today hasn't been much of a busy day. Which is weird because there's always something going on. Just then, Dad stepped into the office, shutting the doors behind him. He turned to Hope who had sat down on the couch,

"How could you be so reckless?"

"Well you weren't getting anywhere" Hope replied, she spoke.

I was so confused as to what was going on.

"And so you took it upon yourself? And how did that go?"

"Not well" Hope replied

"Yeah? Well, I have it under control"

"Oh, really?" Hope stood up and walked over to Dads desk where I was,she opened a drawer and pulled out two bottles of alcohol,

I looked up at my dad in disappointment, he said he had stopped.

"You want to explain this? Or this? Or anything else that would explain your utter lack of progress?"

She raised her voice by each word. "I am grieving, Hope. And maybe you two should try that sometime instead of pushing everyone away" Dad spoke referring to me.

"Look, I am trying to protect you. That thing is a master manipulator. It resurrected my fiancée, it raised a cemetery of zombies and it brought back Rafael's dead girlfriend, so let's just talk about the ways in which it could torment you, starting with your dead mother, ending with your dead father"

"Dad, don't" I spoke Dad turned back to Hope,

"And what about all the ghosts of all the people that you killed in between, huh?" Dad continued and Hope turned away, tears forming in her eyes,

"I can't believe you'd do this" he spoke

Hope shook her head,

I was starting to get annoyed and couldn't take it anymore, I got up from my chair in fury.

"Don't do that!" I stepped closer to him, "You don't like that she broke your rules as a headmaster? Fine, punish her. But don't you dare play disappointed dad because you are not her father and you never will be"

"Come on" Hope waved me over as she walked to the doors

"And where are you going?" Alaric questioned

"To finish what I started" Hope replied, she opened the doors.

"Like hell you are"

"Try me, headmaster"

Hope and I stepped out of the office

"Cloditay" a boundary spell was placed to keep Dad inside the office. The doors shut in his face and he kept banging on them, trying to open them.

"Don't even think about letting him out" Hope told me. We girls walked away as Dad continued to yell for us to let him out. I made a turn but noticed that Hope went the other way, "Where are you going?"

"I'm gonna find out where our Dad is, nothing can stop me"

"Hope please—"

"You can't stop me, Faith " With that, Hope left me in the corridor and walked back to the Necromancers cell.

Dear Dad,

Today is Remembrance Day. I usually don't see the point of it as you can't right back. Over the past two years I've drawn myself further and further from the Mikaelson family, my family. Today, Hope messed up in ways that if you were here, not only would you be disappointed in Hope, but you would be really disappointed in me. The day you passed, I made a promise to you too keep Hope safe. I should've went through with it. These next few weeks are going to be rough with the mess Hope made,but I'll stick with her to the end. I learned that you wouldn't find peace until I started finding it within myself, I hope that's not true, but I'll certainly work harder because Mikaelson's don't give up. I miss you.

Love,
Faith

I folded up my letter and headed to the cemetery. I had just placed my down when I walked over to Hope and Rafael.

"Hey Mikaelson, never thought I'd see you here." Rafael slightly smiled.

Hope nudged him. "She doesn't like being called that." She laughed.

"Actually.... I'm fine with it." I gave a genuine smile.

Hope's facial expressions change form shocked to happy to confused, but before she could say anything my bracelet started glowing.

"What's your bracelet doing" Rafael asked confused.

I was scared. "Landon's in trouble." I said nervous.

All three of us looked amongst each other.

~

Did you guys like this chapter?

I know it's short but I couldn't really see Faith helping Hope with the necromancer!

Q: Did you like how Faith stood up for Hope?

Q: what did you think of the letter Faith wrote to her dad?

Comment down below and don't forget to vote and share!

xoxo~Kennedy