Hope is Not the Goal

I sat beside Josie and Lizzie while we listened to Dad and Matt speak to us.

"Thank you all for coming. Mystic falls needs our help, and given our recent influx of monsters, sheriff Donovan and I have decided we need to take drastic action. Please give him your full attention." Dad stepped for so Matt could step up.

"Like Dr. Saltzman was saying, local girls Dana Lilien and Sasha Stoteraux didn't come home last night. Dana sometimes skips town for a few days to party, but this is the first for Sasha." Matt said.

"Thank you, sheriff Donovan. Now while the knife is away with Dorian and things are quiet on his end, it won't hurt to assume the worse." Dad continued.

"Now, I'll need a few of you to volunteer to go to mystic falls high under the guise of an exchange program meant to improve relations between our schools, which unfortunately, is necessary, given recent events. Now, I give you permission to compel them, to gather materials for locator spells, because any information we can get will make all the difference." 

Lizzie was the first to stand.

"Well, I guess that I can set aside my differences with Dana for a day, because that is what hero's do. So... I volunteer for tribute."  I smiled at how dramatic she was.  Well, I can't let my sister go by herself.  I made myself stand to my feet.

"I'm in if Lizzie is."

"I'm in." The vampire, Kaleb stood.

"I'm in, too." MG quickly followed Kaleb.

"I'd like to help." I was surprised when Hope spoke up. This is going to be a long day.

Hope went to train with Dad and I stayed behind. I had to get ready for the first day of normal school. I wanted to look somewhat normal. I slid on skinny jeans. I put on a white shirt that tied in the front and a jean jacket with combat boots. Totally look like I'm from Mystic falls high.

I felt my lips pull up into a smirk when I caught everyone looking at us from coming out of the bus. I saw multiple guys check me out. I could smell the jealously from Landon.

"Girls are missing, so get your wedgie trauma in check or leave." I heard Lizzie tell Landon as we gathered around.

"He's fine. Let it go." Hope defended. I rolled my eyes at my half sister. I hated that she was talking to Landon.

"Okay, here's the deal. Landon, you talk to any of the people you still know from when you went here. Hope, you try to not deliberately alienate the entire student body while the rest of us save the world." Lizzie ordered.

"This isn't a contest, Lizzie." Hope said, annoyed. "You're right. It's a mission," she placed her hands on her hips. "For a hero and her league of... whatever's."

"Yeah. Screw that. I work alone." Kaleb walked off.

"MG, I need your compulsion skills. Would you like to be the Robin to my Batwoman?"

"Actually, Batwoman doesn't have a Robin. She..." MG told Lizzie. She linked arms with MG.

"Metaphor, nerd. Let's go. Okay." They walked off, arms linked together. I glanced at everyone who looked super awesome.

"I'm gonna... go with Landon and Hope."

Hope, Landon and I stepped into a hallway,

"This is the senior hallway, where I spent much of my formative years stuffed in every locker" He placed his hand on a locker, "Except this one. That one doesn't open. On your left, you'll find the bathroom. It's where I had my first kiss with a toilet"  Hope stopped, "I'm sorry, Is the fact that I'm not openly hostile to you make it seem like we're back to being friends?" She started to walk again