Malivore

"Given recent events, some students have expressed concern that I am not allowing you to have a say in the decisions that affect your future. And I agree. If you are expected to abide by this schools policies, it's only fair that you have a voice in how those rules are made."

My sisters and I quietly high fived each other at what our dad was saying.

"So, I am forming an honor council. One vampire, one witch and one werewolf, each elected by their peers. Along with our school counselor Emma, whose vote will represent the younger students. Now, I have to go off campus. In the meantime, I expect you to make good decisions and to vote wisely. That's all. You're dismissed." 

Everyone stood up to leave including my sisters and I.

Lizzie was looking in the mirror, making her outfit look purple.

"Josie focus. None of this is working."

"Don't worry so much, it's just an election." I groaned. Lizzie gave me a look but didn't say anything.

"You know, you're not gonna lose the election over an outfit." Josie looked up from Lizzie's campaign photo.

"I'm not worried about losing the election. I'm worried about what I'm going to wear to my victory rally. The outfit makes the speech. How do I look?" She made her outfit look pink in the mirror.

"Maybe you should wear something that shows your fellow witches you're gonna take this seriously. It's a big responsibility." Josie told her.

"That is why I am perfect for the job. I'm a tastemaker. An influencer. People don't really know what they want until I tell them that they want it. They need me." Lizzie smirked.

I rolls my eyes without her looking.

I sat, scrolling through my phone as Lizzie practiced her speech.

  "This is such an honor. It's so nice to know that you all love me as much as I thought you did." Lizzie spoke.

"Hey, Lizzie, before you go, too far down the road of victory speeches, I talked to Serena and her goth coven. She said that they would vote for you, but they just wanted to make sure that you would allow time off for pagan holidays." Josie interrupted. 

"Right." Lizzie nodded.  She saw something behind Josie and stood up. Josie and I looked to see what she saw. Rafael was in the doorway. I hid my face behind my phone and turned around. 

"Hey, Raf." Josie smiled.

"Hey, Jo." Rafael said.

"Welcome to the winner's circle." Lizzie said. 

"How's it going with jacka** Jed? I mean, do you need any more advice on how to deal with Cro-Magnon alphas?" Josie stepped towards him. 

"That's actually why I'm here." Rafael pushed passed Josie to go over to my blonde haired sister.

"Lizzie." 

"Hey." Lizzie breathed. 

"You got a sec?" Rafael asked. 

"I have a lot of secs." Lizzie's eyes widened when she realized what she said.  I looked over my book at her with a disgusted expression.

"I didn't need to know that."  Lizzie gave me a look.

"Shut up, Faith ." She looked back over at Rafael.

"I mean... time."  "The honor council might get to decide if Landon can stay, I looked up. Emma won't say how she's gonna vote, but I talked to MG, and he's the only vampire running, and he's on board. And because everybody knows that you're gonna get the witch vote, I..."  Lizzie cut Rafael off.