An Old Legend

"Are you sure you want to do this, Kara? You're reaching the point of no return."

Kara gave her a smirk, "I told you I was going to take you down and I meant it."

"You don't stand a chance. I was trained with the best of the best."

"You're all talk. Let's go," she tightened her fist.

Keela gave her a nod, "Rock, paper, scissors."

Kara threw out scissors and Keela threw out paper. Keela let out a groan, "Damn! I have been beaten!"

"I told you I would win," She bragged as she at the last potsticker.

Keela stuck her tongue out at her and she just laughed. They had picked up potstickers and ate them at the park. There had been an odd number, so they settled who got the last one through rock, paper, scissors. Keela always knew that her mom loved them, but she was more generous with them in the future. Well, and the pout helped. A pout that Lena said she deserved for all the time she had to deal with her pouting through the years. But it was also a pout they would both use against Lena when they both wanted the same thing. She was well aware of how unfair it was for tag team with one mom against the other, but Kara also had a weakness that her and Lena would use to their advantage. For whatever reason, Kara always had a hard time telling her wife no. And even a harder time telling her daughter no. So, there were times Kara was found at the mercy of both of her girls.

Keela subconsciously pushed up her glasses and laughed to herself. Who knew that her mother's very own disguise would work against her? If it wasn't for her glasses and the ponytail. Though her glasses were a lot more durable than the ones her mother had been wearing. So, she had been able to hide them in the pocket of the shirt from before. The past was nice and all, but future tech was nice.

"Excuse me," a voice caused both girls to look at the owner of the voice, which was a younger girl.

"What's wrong, sweetheart," Kara asked when she saw the scared look on the girl's face.

"I can't find my mommy. She told me not to run off, but I didn't listen. And now I don't know where she is."

"What's your name," Keela asked.

"E-Emma."

"Well, Emma," Kara stood up and stuck out her hand for her to grab, "Let's go see if we can find your mommy, ok?"

Keela stood up and the little girl reached with her free hand to grab her hand. They walked and she kept an eye out for anyone looking for a child. Her ears listening in just incase she heard someone call for the little girl. The girl was tense and nervous, Keela could tell. So she asked if she wanted to hear a story to pass the time. The little girl nodded asking if she knew any fairytales.

"Have you heard the one about Flamebird and Nightwing?"

She shook her head.

"Not many have, but it's a good one. Would you like to hear it?"

Emma seemed eager to hear the story the woman was going to tell. She held onto every word she said. The story of dragon birds who were connected. How they would always find one another. Even when they died, they would come back and find eachother again. Keela left out parts of the story, trying to focus on the happy parts for the girl's sake. She didn't want to explain the tragedy that crossed their paths ending in their downfall. Instead, she stayed with the positive parts. Which told the power of good and love. Told how they were strong independently, but even stronger together. She picked up the girl so she could pretended like she was flying as she finished the story.

"And that's the story of Flamebird and Nightwing."

"So they loved eachother?"

Keela nodded as she set the girl down, "They did. More than anything."