Face the Music

Lena knew a conversation with Kara was needed, but she had made it very clear that she was going to have a conversation with both Danvers girls first. What in the world were they thinkin? They should know better. They might've thought she was mad about the whole kryptonite situation when Reign was still at large, but that paled in comparison to how angry she was now. Her and Kara waited in silence as they waited for Alex. And after a few minutes, the director finally made it and stood next to her sister, "You wanted to talk to us."

"Words can not describe how incredibly pissed I am at you two. How- What exactly was going through your mind? Honestly, what the hell? When did you take her anyway? You just pluck her off the street when she wasn't expecting? Grab her while she was on a night flight?"

"No. W-we uh took her from your-"

"Stop. You took her while she was on the balcony last night, didn't you?"

Kara looked down.

"Oh my god. You just what, ripped her away thinking that was ok? That means she was exposed to those damn emitters for hours."

Alex spoke up, "We didn't realize she was going to get sick from how high they were. It was just meant to keep her from trying anything."

"Then you should've just kept them at a level to keep her at human strength. Why in the hell would you go higher than that? "

"The extra weakness makes it hard for people to focus on a way to escape. We didn't want her to escape again."

"She's a child. I get that she's nearly an adult, but she's still a minor! And she knew her mother was in trouble! Of course she was going to escape to help!"

"We didn't know that."

"Was it because she was an alien? Or was it because she didn't want to come back after being captured previously? Without any real charges, mind you. She let you know what she could. She even let you know why she couldn't tell you. So, the excessive force was complete overkill and now Keela is laying under sun lamps because of you two. What about this situation caused you to act so irrationally? What was so important that you left your morals behind and did this?"

"Because it was you," Kara said loud enough to stop Lena from continuing, "I thought maybe she was threatening you. And I- I couldn't take the risk of you getting hurt. Ever."

Lena wanted to take the time to really dissect what meaning those words held, but she couldn't right now, "You did anyways. You hurt me and even managed to hurt your daughter in the process. You need to think Kara! Regardless who is at risk. Because if I hear you, either of you, pull a stunt like this again, you will have a lawsuit on your hands faster than you ever thought possible. Family or not. You don't just do something like that, everyone has rights. You need to never forget that."

"Mom," a tired voice came from the doorway.

All three women looked to see Keela standing in the doorway rubbing her eyes. She looks like Kara when she does that, Alex thought to herself.

"Are you ok," Lena's voice and demeanor shifted softer, "You should be resting, Keela."

"I don't wanna be here anymore," she walked towards Lena, "The signal could be scrambled the longer I'm here. And I just wanna go home. Please."

By the time she finished talking she had made it to Lena and cuddled up against her. Her head rested on Lena's shoulder, her arms curled against her chest and leaning into her mother's heat. She was too tired to really comprehend that the action. She had always been a cuddly person when she was tired. And her mother's would always give the best cuddles. It was easy for her body to give in to the familiar action. Though she vaguely noted Lena freeze, then hesitantly wrap an arm around her, "I um, " She cleared her throat, "Keela, I need to finish talking to Alex and Kara, then we can head home."

Keela let out what seemed to be a mix of a groan and a whine, "I will never forgive you both for this."

She glared, sleepily, at her aunt and mother. And both women saw the resemblance to both Kara and Lena. It was a perfect mix of both her mothers.

"Can't I just fly home?"

Both Kara and Lena answered, "Hell no." "Absolutely not."

"Fiiiine. Aunt Alex, Jeju, you're both grounded until the end of time. Shame on you. Now take time and think about what you've done," She lifted her head and looked at Lena, "There, lesson learned. Can we go home now?"

There was that damned pout. And for the first time, Kara realized what everyone was talking about when people said her pout wasn't fair. Looking at her daughter sport her pout, she questioned if she had ever been able to tell the girl no in the future. And to her surprise, it worked like a charm on Lena. The CEO gave in and agreed to leaving. But not before telling her and Alex that their conversation wasn't over. And the two watched them leave. She really has a child with Lena in the future. She still couldn't quite believe it, even with the living proof right in front of her.

"She channeled puppy dog Danvers. She really is your child. Wow, that's still really weird to think about."

"Yeah, you're telling me."

They had messed up. They messed up big time. Alex felt the guilt in her gut at what she did. She knew she shouldn't have done that. But it's easy to see your mistakes after they've been shoved in your face. Kara told her she needed to clear her head and left. She sighed and rubbed the back of her neck. To think that today was supposed to be her off day. Crap! She told Sam she'd hang out with Ruby today. She sent the CFO a message saying she was on her way. Sam replied right away and let her know it was ok. Then she received another text with the address of the hotel and room number they were staying in.

Lena had to wake Keela up so she could walk up to the loft. And was met with a grumpy child. There was no way that she'd be able to pick up the Kryptonian. But once she mentioned that once they got there she could sleep, Keela shot up. When they got inside, Lena noticed the sun coming through her windows. Her bedroom would be filled with sunlight. She grabbed Keela's wrist as she was walking to the spare room and started to lead her to her room. When she opened the door, she told Keela why she had brought her to her room instead.

Keela let out a thank you to Rao and walked to the bed and fell into it. She heard Lena laugh at her actions and turned to her mother, "Will you lay with me? I mean, you don't have to. I know this is all probably still a little weird."

"Ok."

"And you're still adju- wait, yes?"

Lena walked over to her bed and laid down, sitting up slightly against the headboard. Keela gave her a bright smile and got closer to her mom and laid her head on her lap, "Is this ok?"

Lena wasn't sure exactly. It wasn't something she was used to, but it wasn't unwelcome. She let out a hum of approval and found herself running her fingers through Keela's hair. She didn't know what would happen once Keela went back to her own time. She didn't know what her presence here could've caused to change. But she had hoped that, no matter what, she didn't cause herself to cease to exist. Because, even if she wasn't used to it yet, she couldn't imagine missing out on the feeling of happiness that her daughter brought her.