Transfer Student

I stretched trying to rouse myself from sleep. There were few occasions where I slept so deeply. Today was the day and I needed to be ready.
Hogwarts. I sighed. four years at Ilvermorny. Now I would be moving myself to the other side of the world.

"Why do I do these things to myself"

Stranger, a massive black Irish wolf hound with blood red eyes, cocked his head at me. Why should I know his look seemed to say. Artorias, still large but much smaller than his brother, wagged his tail. His blue eyes were always sparkling.
I rolled myself out of bed. The guys would be here soon to see me off before leaving to catch their own train. I slid into a mid thigh length black and green skirt. I pulled down a green spaghetti trap tank top, and finally a lace over shirt. I slipped into a pair of black knee high converses to complete my ensemble. I pulled my elbow length wyvern hide gloves on and walked out of my room.
Sure enough. The four of them were there and raiding my kitchen. The twins Josh and Jason, with Allen and Alex all stood around the kitchen island passing around boxes of cereal, pop tarts, a jug of milk. I rolled my eyes.

"You four are like feeding a herd of wild hogs." I gestured in their general direction. "Just look at this mess." A faint smile traced my lips.
"What?" The four answered in unison.
I rolled my eyes yet again. They get a good work out when the guys were around. "You know what." I laughed.

"If you don't hit the road soon you'll miss your train." I scolded them.
"I just can't believe you're ditching us for some up nosed englishmen." Jason jested.
"You're just upset that you won't be able to cheat off my potions homework." I threw a dish cloth at him.
"Hey it's not my fault Professor Ricker has no idea what he's doing."
"That's fair. I think I taught all his classes for the first three years. Until he heard some girls laughing about it. That's when he decided he should probably figure out what he's doing." I crossed my arms. I tend to get a little heated when I think about that creep.
"Lucky you won't have to deal with him this year." Josh threw the dish cloth I had pitched at his brother back at me.
"Yes. No more creepy offers for private tutoring or dinners or come on just one drink no one has to know. Ogling at my boobs and bending face level with them every class period just because he thinks he can." My eyes had turned from emerald to crimson. "And that useless headmaster that thinks there's absolutely nothing wrong with the way he harasses the female half of his students."
"Easy there tiger." Allen this time.

He had been the first to pick up that my eyes changed when I'm angry. He did what he could to quell it before things got out of hand.

Alex sat tense. Any type of confrontation made it him uneasy. Not that I could blame him. His parents were well know for beating and berating. Several times I tried to convince him to come live with me full time: I always figured it would be better than showing up battered and bloody at my front door.

If I'm totally honest Alex was one of the reasons I become so good with potions. I'd made enough healing draught to be an expert.
"Are you ok,Alex. You seem tense." More so than usual I added silently.

He blinked at me. Gods, he looks like he hasn't slept in days.
"I'm good." He gave her an attempt at a sleepy smile, "Just tired is all."
"Alright." I tried to give him a reassuring smile.
"The lot of you be sure to rub it in Professor Ricker's face that I won't be there this year." We all laughed togeather. Even Alex managed a genuine smile.