Worries

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I wanted to throw my arms around him and kiss him.

"Don't thank me yet. You have a lot of work ahead of you if you plan on staying my apprentice." His eyes slid to me.

"What kind of work?" I gave him a wink.

He tried hard not to smile. "Not that kind Miss Greyson."

"How disappointing." I put my lip out in a fake pout.

He just shook his head at me smiling. He has such a beautiful smile. I studied his face. I don't think I can ever get over how handsome he is.

He walked me to the dorm painting. "I need to speak with you after class regarding your apprenticeship."

"Of course sir." I stepped into the painting. I watched him walk down the hall as the painting closed.

"Is Gabby ok?" A couple of our dorm mates asked.

I gave them a quick rundown. Explained that she's fine. She just has to stay with Madame Pomfrey until the morning. Satisfied they all headed back to their rooms.

I collapsed into bed. I vaguely recall Salazar climbing up next to me. I wish I could say it were a dreamless sleep. Three hours later I bolted upright in bed.

I ran a hand over my face. It's going to one of those days. Salazar was immediately demanding to be taken out. I still had on my clothes from the night before. I groaned rolling out of bed. I took Salazar to do his business.

Then I headed to Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. Despite her reputation. Myrtle was quite good company when you were in a mood. She didn't pester if you didn't want to talk about it. She would drone on about how people were mean to her in school.

The hot water felt like heaven on my sore tired muscles. I filled the tub up with a bubble bath. I sunk myself down laying my head back.

"Comfortable?" Severus' voice came from behind me.

"Very. What are you doing here?" I looked back at him.

He turned red. "I usually come in here to bathe. It's bigger than my personal bath."

"Well, there's room for two." I raised a brow as he turned to leave.

He turned back around. Shyly he started to unrobe. I took in the firm muscles beneath his shirt. His arms were tone. I studied the dark mark that covered his forearm.

He saw me looking and quickly hid it behind his back. "What are you doing in here?"

My eyes drifted down his waist. I bit my lip as I studied him. He started to stiffen as I let my gaze linger. Seven or so inches of pure man.

"It's quieter in here than the community shower. Besides now I have a chance at seeing you naked again." I gave him my sexiest smile.

He slid into the water at the other end of the tub. I could hear Myrtle muttering from her stall. I smiled at him again before laying my head back.

"Where is Salazar?" Severus asked suddenly.

"He's in mine and Gabby's room. Why?"

"Promise you won't go far without him?" He stared at me earnestly.

"I promise." I cocked my head a little.

His shoulders relaxed a bit. He laid his head back as well. We sat quietly for a bit. I enjoyed these calm quiet moments with him.

"Princess?"

"Yes?" I eyed him. He's never called me Princess in anything other than Latin.

"You'll be careful won't you?" He ran a hand through his hair. "Looking for Alex I mean."

"I will be love." I smiled softly. "On the condition that you are as well."

He rubbed the dark mark on his arm. "As careful as I can be." He gave me a sad smile.

I moved over to him. "May I?" I brought my hand to his face.

He nodded. I cupped his face in my hand. I could feel the little scars. Nearly invisible to the eye. I looked into eyes.

Slowly he brought his face closer to mine. I closed my eyes. His lips were as warm and soft as the first time he kissed me. This time though there was no hesitation or fierce desire. It was soft, sweet, delicious.

He pulled me into his lap. We stayed like that not saying a word. I laid my head on his shoulder just above the water. He laid his forehead on top on my head. Occasionally I would feel him take in a deep breath of my scent like he was trying to commit to memory just in case.

Severus jerked suddenly grunting in pain. He picked up his arm. The dark mark was moving. I looked at him worriedly.

"Be careful." I pressed a quick kiss to his lips.

I watched him throw on his robes. He practically ran out of the bathroom. Please be careful I pleaded silently.

I climbed out of the tub and toweled off. I needed to go check on Gabby. I tried not worry.

Gabby was sitting up chatting with Jason. He gave me a shallow nod when I walked in. It took everything in me not to knock him into next year. At least she seems to be in a better mood.

All the color had come back into face. Her cheeks were bright and Rosie. Artorias was sitting in the floor with his massive head in her lap. From what I could see the potions had done their jobs. All his wounds had closed over night.

She looked up at me bright eyed. "Ira!"

I smiled at her. "Hey Gabbs. You're looking bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning."

She crinkled her nose. "You Americans and your weird phrased."

"It's not weird." I forced a laugh.

She rolled her eyes at me. "What are you doing here?"

"Checking on my best friend." I walked over and scratched Artorias behind the ear.

Gabby feigned wounded pride. I gave her my best smile.

"No fair! I thought I was your best friend!" Allen called from the door way.

"No I'm her best friend!" Fred and George called in unison.

Josh walked in behind them shaking his head. I forced another laugh. They really are a comedic bunch. I just wish I was in the mood for the jokes.

Every one chatted for an hour or so. Then the bell chimed for breakfast. I gave Gabby a quick hug promising to take notes in all our classes. Jason looked like he would rather swallow a gallon of bleach then leave Gabby's side. Josh had to practically drag him from the room. I frowned at him as I watched the show.