How is this okay? (Bananun)

After scaping the Asylum, Mary Eunice and Lana found their selves moving somewhere else so no one could find them. Mary was relieved that the devil finally left her body, letting her go and finding another innocent soul inside the asylum. And Lana, she was just relieved to be out and with her favorite nun.

You see, the last few weeks, Mary was treating Lana differently for some reason, even if she was the one who strictly said that Lana had to stay because she was still 'sick'. Mary was softer with her than with the others. It was almost unbelievable.

But, Lana wasn't complaining that much. She enjoyed the nun's company. When Mary told Lana she had a way to get out, Lana knew this was the Mary she met and the one she felt attracted to. With the help of a nun, they both got out.

Now, they were determined to start over and start a new life. After almost a month of traveling together, Mary couldn't help but start having feeling for the journalist; she couldn't deny it. She was beautiful, kind and even if she was sometimes a bitch, she was sweet and cute. And Mary loved that.

For Lana, her feelings started growing even more, she hated to admit it but couldn't help it now that she was going to spend even more time with the nun. Maybe it wasn't right, taking advantage of the young girl but it was impossible to not let her feelings out.

One night, after a horrible nightmare, Lana finally could wake herself up, breathing fast and with tears in her eyes. It was usual and yet, it hurt. She stood up and walked to the kitchen to make some tea. It was now her routine, this didn't happen every night but once or twice a week, it was exhausting.

Unlike every other night, she saw the kitchen light on, furrowing her brows, she followed the light to find the young nun pouring herself a cup of tea. Mary looked up to Lana and smiled.

"Hey there." Lana smiled.

"Hi." Mary smiled. "Would you like a cup of tea?" Lana nodded. Mary grabbed another cup and poured some tea on it.

"What are you doing up?" Lana said as she walked to Mary.

Mary shrugged and handed Lana her cup, looking again down. "I couldn't sleep. I just um...have so many thoughts in my mind." She whispered as she kept her stare at her cup.

Lana nodded, taking a sip and then placing it at the counter. "Nightmares?" Mary nodded. "I get it. I got one too. I have them every now and then."

"I do too." Mary looked at Lana, finally letting the journalist to notice the sadness on her eyes. "I just...I know you went through more than I did but I can't-"

"No, hey-" Lana grabbed her hand. "Mary...you had the devil inside you. Literally and I don't think there's worse thing than that. We've both been through a lot. But look at us now, we are safe, far from that horrible place and we are alive. That's what matters."

"Why would you want to stay with me?" Mary looked at her with teary eyes.

Lana felt a lump in her throat as she looked at Mary. "I-" She bit her lip and shook her head, feeling her tears forming in her eyes. "I don't want to be alone and...I want you with me."

Mary stared at Lana for few seconds, studding her face. She shook her head and pulled her hand away from Lana's. "How is this okay?" She whispered more to herself than to Lana. Yet, Lana heard her.

"What do you mean?"

"W-What I feel. W-Why everyone says is a sin if it feels s-so...good?" Mary looked at her hands, sobbing a little.

"I'll need you to be more specific, love."

"I-I have all these feelings that I never had and I...I know what they mean for what I've read but I never thought I'd have them." Mary looked at Lana. "I like you, Lana. And this...this should be a sin but...it feels so good. How is this okay?"

Lana smiled a little as she walked closer to Mary, placing one of her hands on her hip and the other on her cheek, caressing it lightly. "Because it's love, Mary. No one decides who they are gonna love. They just do it."

"D-Do you feel that? The shivers...the-"

"The butterflies? I do." Lana smiled as she saw Mary smiling. "It may be wrong, it may be a sin but-" Lana shrugged. "It's what we feel and no one can take that from us."

"Can I kiss you?" Mary whispered as she placed her hands-on Lana's cheeks.

"There's no need to ask." Lana smiled.