19. Nightmares, He Got the Comfort He Needed

-Harry POV-

Down the corridor, he walks again. Harry wondered if this time, it would be real, he wondered if this was going to be the same dream he had a few nights ago. However, it was much worse, much worse then that dream. He first saw Voldemort, and his.....family. The family that started to abuse him when he was 3 years old. It seems as if they had paired together. Paired together to finally torture the bloody hell out of him, to finally kill him and give him what he thought deserved. All of them had different techniques obviously. Voldemort used 'crucio' and 'sectumsempra' over and over, while Petunia and Vernon were 'preparing' their weapons. 

All of a sudden, Harry woke up. He woke up from his horrible nightmare. He found himself heavily breathing. He put his head in his palms and starts crying. He almost didn't notice the figure next to him. He felt something moving besides him, he snapped his head towards the direction of movement. Of course he saw a sleeping Draco Malfoy next to him. Sighing, he stepped onto the cold stone floor. He went to the bathroom to clear his mind of what happened in his dream. He wasn't quite sure, but he felt the pain from his dream in his head. Harry's head was pounding, throbbing. 

Harry started to cry again, breaking down, nothing to protect him, nothing to help with his everlasting pain, physical and mental pain. Again and again, tears flowed down his face. Again and again, he curled up in a ball wishing for him to disappear. 

-Draco POV-

Waking up, he rubbed his tired eyes. He couldn't feel the warmth next to him, so he took a look. And of bloody course, Harry wasn't there. He sighed thinking 'when would I wake up before him, or even with him next to me?' He looked towards the bathroom, suspecting that's where Harry would be. As usual he was correct. He whispered a 'Alohamora' and opened the door. 

"Hey Harry? Sweetie, come here." He said with a soft voice, holding his arms out. 

Harry was still sobbing but gave in, he hugged the blonde like he was going to disappear anytime if he didn't. 

"Hey. Love, are you okay?" Draco knew it was a stupid question, but asked either way. 

"n-no?" 

"Okay, I won't make you talk about it just yet. And um Harry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry I made you remember such bad things, I'm sorry I made you sad. Harry, love I'm sorry."

That only made Harry cry harder. "n-no, don't be s-so-sorry, I-I don't d-deserve it"

"Harry, of course you do deserve it, it's I that don't deserve you. You know what Harry? From now on, I promise you that I will keep everything that's bad to you as far as I can away from you."

"Dragon, don't make a promise you can't keep..."

"I'm not, my little Raven. I promise that I, Draco Malfoy will keep you safe, even from death itself."

"Really? Do you really want to protect a freak like me?"

"Stop Harry. Stop it, you are not a freak and I will always protect you. Always and forever, do you understand?"

"Okay, okay Draco. And um, I promise to you Draco Malfoy that I Harry Potter will do everything you say to be better."

"Deal."

"Thank you Dragon, you make my life complete...no, you are my life."

"You as well my raven"

They walked back, well, Draco carried Harry back to the hospital bed. They curled up next to each other (Harry's smol spoon) and slept for the rest of that day. (they did wake up at some point to eat...)