[1]

[Attention reader: thank you so much for clicking on my story, you are very much appreciated and I am so grateful to have caught your attention. Thank you!! However, this story was written before I started my English and Creative Writing degree and therefore is very, very badly written. Have low expectations. Okay, continue. Have a nice day!]

Fighting my way through the crowd, I pushed and shoved people out of the way. I bumped into strangers and they bumped into me. "Harlow!" I screamed hysterically. "Harlow!" At this point my voice was strained and weak, my throat was burning from all the shouting I had done.

I was in the middle of New York City, Times Square to be precise. My shirt was torn and my jeans had been torn to shreds, barely covering my bruised and scratched up legs. I had blood dripping down my forehead from being pushed into the ground and I'm pretty sure my shoulder dislocated when someone tore Harlow from me, she tried her hardest to pull me with her.

Now here I was screeching her name as I ran frantically around the broken city. Buildings were falling down, shrapnel and debris everywhere.

I didn't want to believe it but as I turned a corner into a quiet alley way there it was, another creature that was tormenting the city. It ran towards me and I panicked. I looked around and saw a broken baseball bat discarded behind a few bags of trash.!

I grabbed the baseball bat and without thinking I smashed it through the creatures horrible skull, killing it instantly.

I shakily turned and ran back to the Main Street. A flash of red went through the sky as the billionaire Tony Stark flew around in his IronMan suit, he and his team of modern day "superheroes" were fighting these alien things, however they missed a couple hundred that were still hiding in alley ways like the bastard I just killed.

Taking my phone out of my pocket i was met with a disappointing feature, the screen was shattered beyond repair and the back was handing off. Ah the joys of being trampled.

Heavy footsteps were heard and soon a group of people were running towards me, a giant alien creature like before chasing them. The girl at the back spotted me, her brown curls now clumped together by blood and her face scratched. "ELODIE!" She screamed running towards me. "RUN!"

"No." I said plainly. "I'm tired of running." I shook her hand from my sore arm and with my good arm, I raised the baseball bat and took a good swing at the creature. It's head detached from its body and landed beside the wall. As its lifeless body fell a man in a blue and red suit stood staring at me.

"Mr America sir." I saluted, not knowing how to react.

"Steve Rogers." He said with a nod as he tried to hide his amused smirk, impressed with how she killed the alien. "We could use your help if your up for it?"

——

"Wait that's how it happened?" Harlow sighed and rolled her eyes, throwing another hand full of popcorn into her mouth. "That's how you joined the Avengers?"

"You were there, you saw it happen." I asked with wide eyes. We were currently sat around a table at her boyfriend Penn's house with our friends.

"Wait you're an official Avenger now?" Sally asked from her boyfriend Andre's lap. They were both high as kites from the weed that was being passed around. "Are you gonna bust us for this?" She said holding up a bong.

"No, I don't care enough." I shrugged and watched as she smirked and nodded back, sending me finger guns while making a clicking noise with her tongue. "Besides, it's legal in Canada right? If those angels are doing it..." I was about to finish my sentence when the StarkWatch in my wrist started beeping.

A picture of Steve popped up on the watch and I rolled my eyes. I slid his picture across and his face appeared on screen. I lifted my arm so the camera was aimed at my face and I sighed. "What you want Rogers?"

"We had a new mission come in from France, I know how bad you wanna go there. You wanna take it?" He asked.

"When I said I wanted to go to France I meant on vacation. But yeah sure, when and who?"

"Tomorrow morning. Me, you, Bucky and Natasha."

"Alright cool." I nodded. Sally passed the bong behind me to our friend Scout and Steve's eyes nearly popped out of his head.

"WHAT IS THAT EL-"

"Byeee Steeeevve." I hung up the watch and reached forward for my beer. Man he could be such a buzzkill.