[19]

Her nails were painted a lilac purple to match her dress and her favourite rings had been slid onto her fingers. She wore only three but they meant a lot to her. The first one small black band with a red stone, from Wanda for her a birthday that sat on her right pointer finger. The second a thicker gold band that had the word "auntie" inscribed on the outside, the inside said "love from Aria" a gift from Harlow when she asked Elodie to be her daughter's godmother a week ago. That gem of a ring sat on her left middle finger. And the last ring a gold band with little red and black diamonds that matched Wanda's ring, a gift from Hope. Her sister bought her that ring for her birthday when she was 16, it sat in her jewellery box for years until now where it's sat on her right ring finger.

The lilac dress was a sheath/column design with a bateau neckline. The dress curved in at the waist to give some shape and ended just above her knee. She wore a thin gold chain necklace with a small heart pendant, small matching earrings and bracelet. She paired the outfit with some nude heels and a small lilac bag that went across her body on a gold chain and rest on her hip.

She smoothed down the dress and looked in the mirror. Her pink hair definitely wouldn't have allowed for this colour scheme. Her brown hair complimented the lilac lovely as it sat curled over her left shoulder.

She did her makeup herself, even after Wanda's many requests. She applied a glowy foundation and concealer, some powder. Brow powder and gel, a little blush, some bronzer not forgetting to subtly highlight her cheekbones. She stayed away from the lilac shadow and brushed a neutral brown shade over her lid and added brown liner to her lash line, before curling her lashes and adding mascara. She finished off with adding some nude lipstick and a spritz of her favourite sweet perfume to her neck and wrists and then she headed out.

Her heels hit the marble floors as she walked, creating a clicking noise that echoed throughout the almost empty floor. Her curls bounced as she went, full of confidence and excitement for the night.

As she went down the staircase she spotted Wanda, Natasha and Clint by the front door. She gave a wave and walked over to join them. "Hey guys, you ready?"

"Just waiting on Laura." Clint said with a beaming smile.

"Yay Laura's joining us? Where are the kids?" She enquired to make conversation.

"Yeah she wanted a night out and I suggested Stark's fundraise, when that didn't convince her I reminded her that it was an open bar." He joked causing us to laugh. "The kids are with Harlow and Penn on a play day. After your birthday party last month, Laura and Harlow became friends."

"They did? God, worlds colliding. That's amazing, I'm glad Harlow's venturing out." Elodie said honestly, glad to hear that everyone had gotten along.

"I'm sure the kids'll have a great time. Mean while, let's enjoy that open bar shall we?" Laura said from behind them, catching their attention. She was wearing a beautiful burgundy dress, adorned with diamonds and sparkly jewels that shone beautifully.

After everyone complimented each other we headed out to the car that Tony has organised to take them to the gala, the other team members having left earlier so it was just them.

They arrived at the museum in Manhattan half an hour later when the gala was in full swing. Pepper had designed the event to match the ball from Cinderella. The event was to benefit a children's charity in the area and so she wanted it to be fun and beautiful while also encouraging the rich and famous guests that Tony had invited to donate as much as they could.

The room was a light blue and silver theme with fairy lights and glitter everywhere, but in a sophisticated sort of way. It was stunning.