[3]

The passed two weeks at the compound were filled with tension. Training was awkward, meals were take out and I couldn't bring myself to join them in movie and game nights. I had avoided them at all costs.

As I sat in my room, my Spotify playing Imagine Dragons, I looked to my desk, just left of my bed. The large mirror showed my long pink hair.

Standing from my bed I grabbed my bag from the desk and headed downstairs. I spotted Wanda laying on the couch and gave a wave.

She looked shocked to see me out of my room. "Hey Elodie. Where are you off to?"

"Just into town. Wanna come?" I offered and she nodded.

"Just let me get my coat." She nodded with a smile, her thick Eastern European coming through as she said "coat," pronouncing it as a British person would say "court."

I drove us into town and found the nearest salon. "Wanna do something fun?" I asked with a raised brow and twinkle of adventure in my eye.

Wanda looked around nervously and said in a quiet tone "We're not breaking the law are we?"

"Unless your allergic to hair dye I think we'll be fine." I laughed and we got out of the car.

——

Three hours later we got back in the car with new hairstyles. Wanda pulled the sun visor down to check herself out in the little mirror. She was smiling and giggling at her new do.

"Wow I can't believe I've done this. This is so crazy." She ran her hands through her hair and played with the now ginger curls.

"Well I'm glad you did it, it looks beautiful. That colour really suits you Wand." I told her as I got the car keys out of my purse.

"Thanks, yours' looks good to."

I swapped my pink hair out for a mid-toned brown. It was less fun but I guess that's what being mature is.

I drove us back home and we headed upstairs, the entire way Wanda was telling me about all the events I had missed these passed two weeks.

"And then Sam retaliated by throwing one back at him. You should've seen Bucky's face, he was furious." Wanda let out a cackle of a laugh as we stepped out of the elevator into the hallway.

"Let's go see what's for lunch." Before I could protest Wanda had already latched on to my arm and was pulling me into the dining room. "Hey guys." She waved to Sam and Bucky.

They said a quick hello and looked passed her at me. Bucky went wide eyed and shared a look of surprise with Sam. "Hey, Elodie. Hi. Hello. How are you?" Bucky rambled as he spoke to her for the first time in two weeks. As he was looking at her he realised that her hair was different. His smile dropped in disappointment, he always felt like she was the fun one, sure scary at times but fun.

"Hey guys have you seen El-" Steve stopped as he entered the room. He was staring at my hair. He coughed and walked further into the room, until he was stood behind Bucky's chair.

For some reason, Steve seeing my new look made me nervous. What if he didn't like it? What if he thought it made me look older? Or younger? Grosser? Ew, since when do I care what other people think.

"Oh. You've. No more pink?" He almost sounded deflated.

I nodded. "It was time for a change." I shrugged and walked over to the fridge. Reaching for the beer, I realised I was making a difference. I moved passed the beer and grabbed a coke. Sure it was and for me, but it's better than beer and there's been enough changes for today.

"Hey, what about me?" Wanda asked frustrated. "I've got new hair too."

"It looks great kid." Bucky said with a nod and Sam gave her a thumbs up. Wanda rolled her eyes and picked up her coat to go and hang it up.

"Why the change?" Steve nodded to my hair. All he could think about was the beautiful pink colour that she had gotten rid of, and maybe it was his fault.

His suspicions were confirmed when she shrugged and said "Its time to be serious. Wasn't that the point of you showing up at my friends house. You want me to be mature and serious and so I thought what better way to show you that I can do that by looking serious. Next up a high neckline and socks that cover my ankles." She joked.

Steve felt bad. He didn't want her to be anything other than herself but with some stronger morals and somehow he had driven the personality out of her. "Right. This one's on me." He prepared to apologise but she shrugged.

"Don't worry about it, Steve." I chuckled, not believing I was about to say the next sentence. "Being a part of this team means more to me than my hair." I then span on my heals and headed out of the room. It's not a big deal. Besides, if he pisses me off I'll dye it back to pink.

I decided to have dinner with the team tonight. Leaving my room at 4:50 I headed down to the elevator. I stepped out on the correct floor and walked down to the dining table.

"Hey guys, can I." I was cut short when I saw Tony's cleaners sweeping the kitchen floor. Besides Sean the cleaner and myself, the kitchen was empty.

"Hey Friday." I called to the AI, who basically runs the entire facility.

"Hello Elodie." She said back.

"Where is everyone?"

"Tony took everyone out to eat at The Empire. Would you like me to contact them?" She offered.

Feeling deflated I sighed. "No. That's fine. Thank you Friday."

I headed over to the kitchen cupboards and tried to find something for dinner. I made myself some ramen and headed back to my room, waving a goodbye to Sean.

——————

It was 3am when I wondered down to the gym. I spent three hours running, punching and kicking out my frustrations. As I jogged on the treadmill during hour three, I was so tired and upset I started crying.

I cried because no one was around. Believe me if anyone had been in the gym I would have got it together. But since I was alone, the team was still out without me and I was feeling all of the emotions, I let it all pour out.

After my work out I went into the changing rooms. I tapped on the little touch screen control centre, sliding the heat from neutral to warm. Also selecting some soft music to play in the background. I had a quick shower, using Natasha's apple scented shampoo and Wanda's scrubs and then exited, wrapping myself in a warm fluffy towel as quick as possible.

I sat on one of the benches to put on my underwear and socks. Hearing the soft music, I rest my head against the plush grey wall. It was so warm and the towels were so soft and cosy that I ended up letting my heavy eyelids shut and gave in to some sleep.