[2]

The next morning Elodie was awoke by the smell of pizza. She opened her arms and found herself draped over Penn's cream couch with Boyd holding an empty pizza box under her nose.

"Told you that would wake her." Boyd smiled in satisfaction and stood up and walked in to the kitchen, the delicious smell leaving with him.

"WAKEY WAKEY!" Harlow shouted in a sing song voice as she danced over to the curtains and ripped them open. The bright sunshine flooding into the living room and bounced off of the mirror and into my corneas.

"No." I mumbled and turned over, snuggling further into the couch. "Too early."

"Breakfast is done." Penn shouted from the kitchen.

"C'mon. Time to get up." Harlow said on her way past, tapping me on the ass with a rolled up newspaper.

I groaned and rolled over. Swinging my legs around I reluctantly got up from the couch and walked through the living room, through the arch and into the kitchen.

"Tada!" Penn said as he, Andre, Sally and Scout held up bowls of cereal. "What do you think?" Penn asked Harlow as she walked up to him with a smile and pressed a kiss to his cheek, he blushed and put the bowls on the table.

That's the thing about Harlow and Penn's relationship. They've been together for years but it's like they're still in their first few months of dating. They love each other unconditionally and don't care who knows about it.

Half way through my bowl of soggy breakfast cereal the doorbell rang. Penn wiped him mouth with a napkin and stood up. "That's probably Lexi, she left her scarf." He said and headed to the door. Lexi left early with Nancy, Brandon, Quinn and Joel.

We often have gatherings at friend's houses to watch a movie/sport event and end up staying overt. Next month is my turn to host and I'm not sure Tony would handle this bunch at his facility.

Speaking of the facility, in through the kitchen came Penn followed by a stern looking Steve in his navy sweatshirt, grey joggers and trainers.

"Mission's canceled, FBI took it. I suppose that's a good thing though." He looked at me with judgemental eyes.

"Yeah I'm a little hungover." I shrugged and took another mouthful of cereal. Steve nodded looking down at the floor and back at me, he looked sad. "What's the matter Cap?"

"Oh my god she gets to call him Cap." Boyd mumbled, very impressed. He's obsessed with superheroes and didn't believed me when I told him I was an official avenger last years, it took a lot of convincing.

"Can I talk to you outside?" He asked. "It won't take long."

"Sure." I nodded, pushing my bowl of cereal onto the table.

"Ooh someone's in trouble." Sally sang playfully as I left.

Boyd nudged Penn wide eyed and said "Captain America is in your house!"

I followed Steve out of the house and into the street. His bike was parked beside the curb and I recognised it instantly, the Steve Roger trademark.

Before I could ask what's up again Steve leaned against the brick wall and sighed. "You know I'm really disappointed in you Elodie. I knew you had loose morals when I instated you last year but this surprised me."

"What? What have I done?" I asked confused, my voice cracked at the end. I hate it when Steve says he's disappointed in me. "I had a night out with friends. Just because I wasn't at the facility under supervision, doesn't mean I was doing anything wrong."

"Hey I know there was drugs at the party." Steve snapped at me. He put a hand on his side and the other to his forehead.

"Steve I didn't touch that stuff." I honestly couldn't believe he thought I'd do that. I know I have responsibilities, I know that me being around it's dangerous let alone actually doing it. Natasha picked up a needle for evidence and Maria Hill went nuts. "Wow okay. You think so little of me that you just jumped to the conclusion that since my friends were doing it, that I would do it."

"No, no. That's not it El." Steve shook his head, he looked calmer now but I know he still had some suspicions. "I'm just worried about you. Your personality fluctuates. You go from wanting to save the world one day and then the next you want to destroy it."

I nodded and folded my arms. There was nothing I could argue here, he's right. The day I joined, I laughed and cried at the same time while smashing up aliens. "I don't know what's wrong with me Steve, I don't." I shrugged and let my arms fall to my sides. "But at least now I know that you don't trust me."

He went to deny it but stopped himself. He looked at the ground before meeting my gaze again. "No. I don't." He shook his head. He pushed his blonde hair back as he sighed. "I'll see ya at home Elodie." He said before walking over to his bike.

I watched him drive off before sinking back against the door. I slid to the ground where I sat for a couple minutes. I felt terrible. Of course Steve would assume the worst of me, I am the worst.

The door opened and Harlow stepped out. "What happened, Els?" She asked, stepping out in her fluffy purple robe and sitting beside me.

I leaned my head against her soft, robe clad shoulder. "I've upset him again."

"Well you're 25, you're supposed to make mistakes." She stuttered her way through that sentence, realising that we were too old for this shit. "God." She sighed.

"We're not teenagers anymore, Harls. You and Penn have your own house, Boyd and Aubrey are getting married. Scout and her latest fling are actually dating. It's taken Sally and Andre years to get together but they've done it. Point is, everyone's growing up. I need to stop messing around now, I'm sorry but I can't host next month."

"That's fine. I still won't be able to drink next month anyways." Harlow sighed.

My head sprung up from her shoulder to look her in the eyes. "What the hell are you talking about?" I asked, my voice barely a whisper.

Harlow lifted her left arm to reveal a juice box in her hand. "That plumb wine I was drinking last night." She shook the carton and I laughed. Tears filled her eyes as she said "I'm two months pregnant."

"Oh my god!" I whisper yelled as I pulled her in for a hug. "This is amazing! Congratulations Harls!"

"Thanks Els. But you can't tell anyone, not until I'm 3 months at least." She beamed.

She coaxed me back into the house where I spent the morning helping to clean and removed all traces of a party. Next, proving that I'm worthy enough to be a part of the team and a good aunt.