[7]

Next morning at 9am, Elodie and Wanda were in full disguise. They stood in line outside the warehouse in clothes that were the opposite of what they'd normally wear.

Wanda's stylish skinny jeans were swapped out for fitted grey joggers with a Star Wars shirt tucked in. She finished her look with a grey cap over her hair that was now put into a messy low bun.

Elodie has opted for black leggings, black top and a burgundy oversized cardigan. She wore glasses and left her long brown hair as it was.

The instructions they were given by Tony was for Wanda to read the minds of the gamers to be good enough to fit in, while also telepathically giving Elodie instructions.

They each found a space invaders game and got to work.

Wanda - "The pattern is; left, left, right. Right, right, left. Left left, right. Right, left, right. Say it with me in your head."

Wanda and Elodie I their minds - "left, left, right. Right, right, left. Left left, right. Right, left, right."

Elodie's brown eyes were trained on the screen, following each character and tracking every object that approached. She was doing really well, they both were. Until she remembered... the way his lips felt against hers. The way his fingers traced her tattoo.

Suddenly Wanda stepped back from the machine, letting out a gaps. She looked at Elodie with wide eyes, her mouth forming a shocked "o" shape. She saw into Elodie's mind as she helped her control the game.

Wanda clenched her jaw and looked at her friend with fiery red eyes. "Steve's a good guy. Don't play with him."

"Wanda..." Elodie breathed out, feeling guilty. "It wasn't my intention. This morning, it. It just happened."

Wanda shrugged and returned to her game. "I don't care what you both do, you're adults. Just don't hurt him."

——

~Two years ago - A year into being an Avenger~

She stood outside of the facility in her new uniform. A dark blue, almost navy, leather suit. The top was long sleeve and had a black zip going up the middle. The top cling to her sides nicely, emphasising her waist. The pants cling to her toned legs, a pair of black boots traveled up her shin to just over her knee, grazing her thigh. Around the waist she had a nice black holster for guns and various tools with a unique symbol Tony had designed for her in the middle. It was a very comfortable suit, easily to slip onto and out of for emergency situations and was light enough and flexible enough for her to run.
She placed a cigarette between her lips and lifted her lighter, setting fire to the tip. Tucking the silver lighter into her back pocket she took a drag, breathing in the familiar sting of tobacco in the back of her throat. With every puff came a satisfied, clear mind. Smoking helped. It brought clarity when the world was cloudy - ironic huh. Having a smoke cleared her mental clouds. Ha!

Steve walked out of the facility and spotted the newest member and her activity. He shook his head as he approached. "You know in my day, doctors used to treat asthma with cigarettes." Elodie scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"I'm not going to lecture you." Steve waved a hand, as if to dismiss the idea. "You know that's it bad for you. All I'm saying is, if you run out of breath on the job, and someone has to go back for you. And they get hurt, or worse. That's on you." Steve places his helmet on and took off running across the field to join the others.

Elodie watched while leaning against the building. The cold metal was soothing against the hot leather. The suit looked good but boy was it boiling. And she was not unzipping in front of her peers, not yet anyway.