Chapter 6

"PENIS PARKER!" When Peter heard the voice of his tormentor, he tensed and turned to see Flash Thompson and his three goons makes their way over to him.
"So why are you sitting with a loser like Parker?" Flash addressed the group.
"I mean, in case you haven't noticed, he's just a poor kid from Queens. He's nothing special and will just drag you down in this school. Why don't you come sit with me? At least I wear clothes that weren't bought in a charity shop."
Now that Flash mentioned it, all the group were wearing brand-new designer and branded clothes. He looked down at the table, not wanting to looked up at anyone.
He knew it was too good to be true. 'Why would anyone ever want to be friends with me? Flash is right. I'm nothing special. I'm just that poor kid from Queens that will always be alone.'
"Excuse me? Thanks, but I think we can decide who we can be friends with." Robert declared, sliding his sunglasses down and glaring at Flash over the top.
"I think you should leave. I don't like bullies." Chris E. said, standing up to his full height, which was quite daunting. He looked really strong.
"I enjoy Peters company and don't take kindly to your words." Chris H. spoke, also standing tall.
"What?" Flash faltered, not used to anyone standing up to him.
"Well, what about you three? Surely you don't want to sit with a loser." Flash asked Scarlett, Mark and Jeremy.
"We would only be sitting with a loser if we came and sat with you." Jeremy retorted, Mark nodding in agreement.
"It means leave." Scarlett said, eyes narrowing and looking extremely dangerous. Flash, for once, actually looked scared. Until he looked angry.
He marched away, but Peter heard him hiss in his ear before he left.
"This isn't over, Parker."
Peter gulped knowing that he could take whatever Flash threw at him but still fearful all the same. Some things never change.
After watching Flash storm out of the cafeteria, he turned back to his new friends.
Peter only looked at the group in shock.
One, nobody has ever stood up to Flash and his friends. If you weren't on the receiving end of his taunts and punches, you were in on it or just let it happen.
Two, nobody had ever stood up for him. He was the one that nearly the entire school labelled loner and freak, everyone stayed away from him.
For him to suddenly have six people that he had just met that day, standing up for him and sticking by him, was strange.
Not that he wasn't happy. They had called him a friend and he finally had people he could talk to. Other than Karen, but she was kind of forced to be friends with him.
This mix-matched group of people actually stood up for him and hung out with him when they could have gone to anyone else.
........................................................................
When the idiot eventually left, Steve and Thor sat back down again and everyone relaxed.
They turned to look at the kid only to find him staring at them in shock. He was probably not used to people standing up for him.
Bruce spoke to him first, trying to get his attention.
"Peter? Uh, Peter? Peter? Guys I think we broke him." Bruce turned to the group.
Clint just picked up a pea and threw it at Peter. It hit him in the centre of his forehead and he blinked out of his daze.
"You alright, son?" Steve's inner Captain America shone through and Natasha internally sighed.
For the Worlds Mightiest Heroes, they were really bad at this. A super soldier, a God, a spy and two of the smartest men alive were incredibly awful at trying to keep a low profile.
Steve called Peter son, Tony referred to Clint as Barton, and Thor asked what Spanish was and called Peter a mortal.
She was about ready to just jump out of the window with how stupid her team was.
(Me: Let's just take a moment to pray for Natasha. ...
Susanna: ...
Jane: ...
Aria: ...
Evie: ... Can we move on? I'm bored.
Me: *grumbles and walks off*)
"Oh, Uh, sorry. It's just, you know. How you- just know. So, yeah?" Peter trailed off, hand rubbing the back of his neck. He hadn't caught onto the fact that Steve had said son, thank God.
"Never had anyone stand up for you?" Bruce helpfully offered, knowing a thing or two about being socially awkward.
"W-well, uh, yeah..." Peter trailed off, obviously not really knowing how to finish that sentance.
Tony shot Peter his paparazzi smile, whereas Steve gave his usual friendly smile. Bruce gave his awkward grin and Thors face literally beamed. Clint gave a mischevious smile and Natasha let the corners of her mouth twitch up before going back to her usual poker face.
Peter, like Thor, beamed at them. His smile seemed contagious. They could tell he really was grateful for what they had done, no matter how small they thought it to be.
For the rest of lunch, they talked and laughed together, making sure to include Peter more and Peter, in turn, became more open to them.
When the bell eventually rang, most of them tossed out the food that they didn't eat, which was a lot.
They all grabbed their bags and headed to their next period. Natasha and Clint headed to Spanish with Peter and he looked more than a little shocked when they spoke it fluently when they had to do a group conversation.
At the end of the day, they all had Study Hall together so they just finished their homework and just messed around.
All in all, the Avengers, to their own surprise, were really enjoying high school.
No psychotic brothers, no weird aliens, no cranky pirate. Yeah, they could enjoy this while it lasted.
They knew eventually they would have to leave, but they all really liked Peter so no one brought it up.

I am so sorry it took so long to update. I'll try to do it more often but I've just been kind of busy. Hope you enjoyed reading.

Until the next chapter.
Later xxx