Chapter 8

Peter could honestly say that having friends at school made it so much easier.
You had people to rant to about teachers and homework, someone to wake you when you fell asleep in class and someone to copy off when you completely forgot their was homework.
He enjoyed talking about science with Mark and Robert because they wouldn't look at him weird when he started spewing ideas and instead added their own ideas. Robert also told him how his dad had worked at Stark Industries and Peter started gushing.
Chris H. would often tell him about his home and his father and his brother. He sometimes would mention his brother stabbed him a lot but the others assured they just messed around with rulers and stuff.
Chris E. liked to talk about things in general and when Peter found out he didn't actually watch most of the latest stuff, he recommended a bunch of different movies.
Jeremy would often talk about archery and his old farm that he lived in before coming here. He said how he would miss his family a lot and Peter completely understood that feeling.
With Scarlett, she just seemed fiercely protective. They would often just sit in a comfortable silence and would read together and when Peter wasn't joining in with them, would complain about the boys. Not forgetting, she started teaching him how to speak Russian and he was able to pick it up quite easily.
When he had told May about his new friends, she had said he could invite them over for dinner. When Peter slightly hesitated, she jokingly said that they could get takeout instead of her trying to make something.
Peter had just laughed too and went to his room. Once he closed the door, he frowned as that wasn't why he had hesitated.
You see, remember that first day when Flash had commented on the clothes? Yeah. He had been noticing that they all had the latest and newest technology, designer clothes, expensive bags. From the way it sounded, they all came from extremely well off and higher class families.
Don't get him wrong, he loved his aunt and he knew she tried her best ever since Ben died, but they were often quite low on money and May was always having to take extra shifts or longer hours.
It was why he had started working for the Bugle. Even though Jameson hated Spidermans guts and would sometimes not pay him properly, it still helped his aunt.
Still, he popped the question and lunch. They were just all doing their usual talking when he asked.
"So, I was wondering if you guys would want to come for dinner at my place? We can get take out and I can finally get you guys to watch Mean Girls." He said, giving a small laugh at the end. Everyone gave their own chuckle before Scarlett, surprisingly, answered.
"Sure, Pete. We'll meet you at the parking lot after last period on Friday?" Peter nodded his head when the bell rang, signalling the end of lunch.
He had Biology with Robert and Mark so quickly gathered up his things and they made their way over, Peter yabbering on about the science behind Star Wars.
........................................................................
When Friday eventually came, Peter was, honestly, exhausted.
All during the week, S.H.I.E.L.D had been interrupting his patrols and trying to capture him.
He kept having Karen delete their records of him but he was sick of it. They just wouldn't give up.
On happier notes, he had prepared the apartment for the six guests that would be coming round that day.
He had gotten out a bunch of old pillows, blankets and duvets.
He had some snacks as well. After talking about it more, Robert had declared they would be spending the night before Chris E. smacked him upside the head and started lecturing him about how 'you can't just invite yourself over to people's houses. It's rude.'
Peter then said, if they wanted to stay over they could. They all quickly agreed to the sleepover.
He was actually quite excited for tonight.
........................................................................
When Friday eventually came, the Avengers were, honestly, exhausted.
They were no closer to finding out the identity of Spiderman and Bruce and Tony had still been trying to find out the antidote to the damn de-aging thing.
Fury had been breathing down their necks more than usual and they were sick of it.
He just wouldn't go away.
On a happier note, they were all quite excited for tonight. None of them had ever had a sleepover, or a proper One, in their childhoods.
They'd first had to explain what a sleepover was to Thor, but once he got the gist of it, he too was excited.
They also couldn't wait to meet Peters parents.
Peter hadn't really talked much about his parents or his home life. His parents must be great considering how Peter turned out.
They just couldn't wait for the torture known as studying to be done for the day.
The only good thing about school, was being a teen again and hanging around with Peter.
They were all just really excited for tonight.
........................................................................
When school was eventually over, Peter grinned out to the back parking lot of the school.
The parking lot was generally empty for the most part and always quiet, away from the cheering of the newly freed students.
He looked around but couldn't see any of his friends.
He just shrugged it off. Probably had to dump their stuff off at their lockers or something.
Suddenly, Peters Spidey-sense went off, warning him off a danger at the exact time he was pushed from behind.
'Thanks a lot, Spidey-sense. What a big help you are.'
He got gravel and stones in his palms and knew that it would be a painful to get out later.
Just as he got on his hands and knees, a kick was sent into his back. He went sprawling to the ground again and turned over onto his  back while laughter surrounded him.
He looked up and met a pair of very familiar, menacing eyes.
"And where do you think you're going, Penis?"
Flash FUCKING Thompson.
Again.
Haven't we already been through this?
Except, this time he brought some 'friend's, and these guys knew how to throw a proper punch.
Shit.

Chapter 8! Once again, sorry for the infrequent updates. Hope you enjoyed.

Until the next chapter.
Later xxx