Chapter 10

Peter rubbed his eyes as he slowly got up. His back creaked and he had to crack his neck a couple of times. Why was he so uncomfortable?
Oh, yeah. He looked around at the other six people in the room. Wait, no. Five. There were only five. Why were there only five?
His groggy mind finally forced him awake, and he quietly grumbled, unafraid of waking anyone up. Chris H snored. Loud.
So, Chris H was accounted for, as was Mark who's head rested on Chris H's shoulder as his legs hung over the side of the sofa.
Peter then looked to his left, where Chris E slept in the armchair in a rigged position, only looking like his eyes were closed.
Robert was sprawled across the floor, sleeping in between cushions and blankets.
It took him a moment to find Jeremy, but he eventually spotted him perching on top of the shelves snoring, which looked incredibly uncomfortable.
However, he couldn't see Scarlett in front or beside him, so got up and went to the kitchen area.
She was sitting behind the counter reading, while sipping some hot chocolate. Quietly sitting beside her, she looked up and gave a half-smile.
"Morning Peter." She said, also unafraid to wake anybody up. She got to her feet and grabbed another shot chocolate that sat on the counter, as if she knew he would be awake.
"Morning Scarlett. Are they always this loud?" Peter questioned, taking a sip of the hot chocolate.
"Yeah, especially Hemsworth. Where are your parents by the way? I realised that no one's been home since yesterday." She closed the book and turned to him while saying this.
"Oh, it's just me and my aunt, and she had night shift at the hospital." Taking a sip of his hot chocolate, he watched as Scarlett's face slightly fell.
"Is your aunt away a lot?" Eyes downcast, he blushed a bit.
"Yeah, she has a couple jobs. It's been harder to pay bills since Ben..." his voice drowned out, as a comforting hand rested on his knee.
There was silence for awhile, before Scarlett spoke again.
"What happened to your parents?" Peter could always easily answer that question.
"They died in a plane crash when I was young. I never really knew them. May and Ben raised me."
"I never knew my parents either, and I didn't really have the best childhood. I've never really felt love until I found these idiots. As cheesy as it is, and as much as I will never admit it, they are my family. And I love them."
She was looking in the direction of the five boys still sound asleep, a soft genuine smile on her face. Peter had never seen her smile like that.
She quickly turned to him, and had a serious look on his face.
"Tell them I said that, and I will end you. They would never let me hear the end of it." The other teen simply chuckled, hands raised in surrender.
"Got it. Any late night talk remains between those who are awake." They both laughed before hearing a rumbling.
Peter quickly got up and looked outside to see a black car. Stepping out, a guy who looked like a space pirate came into view.
He then turned to his right to see Scarlett looking out the other side of the blinds as she left out a quick curse.
"Stay here." The command was a surprise to him, before she ever so quietly slipped out the door and he heard her make her way downstairs.
A soft ring of his Spidey-Sense made him look back out the window to see Space Pirate looking up at him.
Giving an involuntary shiver, he released the blinds. That guy have him the wrong vibe and he wanted to find out why.
Decided, he snuck out the door and made his wa his down the apartment, silent steps unheard.
As he reached the bottom, he climbed onto the ceiling where no one would be able to hear or see him.
He nestled as he heard the beginning of the conversation.
"Agent Romanoff," Romanoff? "You and Roger's are needed for a mission." He heard Scarlett flick her hair out of her face.
"Fury, in case you haven't noticed, we are still a little too young for this."
"Just because you look young doesn't mean you are. There is a situation, and we need you two to come handle it. Thor is planning on leaving any moment, Banner and Stark need to stay here to find a cure, and Barton is to continue looking into Spiderman. Meet at S.H.I.E.L.D tonight." Peter began to make his way up, as he assumed the conversation was finished, until he heard more.
"And one more thing." He stopped, listening.
"I'd be wary with that Parker kid. You may think you know him, but there's something off about him. If he finds out who you are, we will wipe his memory if we deem it necessary. Be careful." With that, he heard the man get in the car, and Peter quickly crawled his way back to his apartment, entering moments before Scarlett reached the top of the stairs.
As he sat down on the kitchen counter, eating cereal out the box, she entered and gave him a tight smile.
"I think I'm going to try and get more sleep." Peter only nodded, while she squinted her eyes at him.
"You weren't watching were you?" Peter again shook his head, easily lying. Contrary to most belief, he could lie when he wanted to.
He saw Scarlett head over to his previous spot on the couch, and Peter turned away from them.
What did that man mean, finding out who they are? And wiping his memories? Talking about the Avengers and calling Scarlett, Romanoff?
But as tired as he was, it all finally clicked. God, how had he been so stupid?
Their slip ups, not knowing generational things, disappearing randomly, appearing randomly.
Quietly, he slowly turned and looked at the back of the teen's - or who he thought were teens - heads.
These were the Avengers.
And they had been after them.

I finally updated! God, I think I've redone this chapter at least then times in the past months, but I'm finally happy with the result. I think I know more where I'm taking this story, and so I'm ready to try and start writing more. Anyway, hope you enjoyed!

Until the next chapter.
Later xxx