The encounter

Unedited

               Sthembiso's P.O.V

I hated being around alot of people but today I had no choice with my parents away on some island celebrating their 40th anniversary, I had no choice but to stand in as a sponsor for the art class and the only family member available to see my little sister Amandla accept her degree and well give a speech,Lord knows who wrote it this time,Amandla's face lit up soon as she got on stage I gave her an assuring smile and I pat on the back .

"Thank you Sthe" she said as she walked away

I had never been one for public display of affection even for family,I considered myself a private lover and a loner, father always said "Son being a leader you need to be both human and a predator ,you can't be just one" but being me alone seemed senseable to me ,it kept me out of trouble both as a child and mischievous teenager,I knew how to keep my personal life where it belonged in private. I  had been in a few magazines and newspaper articles but nothing more than details about my upbringing,my name,my title in the Dabula clan and my contribution in my father's company.

A name rang over the speakers I guessed it was going to be a while before I could leave this place..
I sighed when the speakers buzzed again "Mphoentle Sky Dube" the MC said...There she was,I watched as she cautiously tried to lower her dress and adjust her gown her dress was beautiful,showing the pear shape of her body it fitted her like her second skin,it was part of a spring collection I saw in Paris fashion week,one of Mother's many family bonding vacation,the dress was red like my car,her hair falling and swinging from behind her graduation cap,I always liked them natural and African.

She looked up and tilted her head to one side the way she did during our encounter at the parking lot,I was now irritated it was her,I thought I'd never see her again,She walked over and greeted the Dean and a few people seated on stage next thing she was in front of me ,Gold brown eyes on Emerald green...I was puzzled she looked African but how did she have eyes like that!It scared me a little to be honest

She finally broke the silence it was soft and magical enough to melt my heart and calm my soul suddenly all the irritation was no more,"Hey my degree please!!!"
I watched her walk away without saying the words I had told every student that passed before me "Congratulations" How hard could it be to speak to a little girl???! I thought to myself, when I could make shareholders eat from the palm of my hand,what had she done to me?
Who was she?
why did she have that dumbfolfed effect on me?
I followed her to the end of the stage I couldn't be fooled that way I had to say it,she needed to hear my voice too,I tapped her shoulder she turned slow "Hey congratulations"i said
"Thank you"
I lost control
"I hope you will always be thankful"
if I could take her right there and then I would have the desire was too much,she looked confused I turned soon as she got her tongue back ,walking  to the podium proud my speech was brief, after I was done applause followed.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I walked in the dining hall,my eyes in search of her,I was completely possessed I searched but she was no where to be found, I pushed myself to leave,i walked out to my car sent Amandla a text

"Your driver will drive you home I have a meeting"

Honestly I was disappointed.