Silent Voices - Part 8

Yoongi walked into class as the bell rang and sat at his seat in the back of the class. He rested his elbows on the table with his hands under his chin.  That's when he felt the shadow looming next to him.  He lifts his head up to look at the boy giving him an evil glare. Jay pushes Yoongi's elbow off the desk jerking Yoongi's body.

"Hey! What's that for?" Yoongi glowered.

"I told you not to talk to her.  What did you tell her?" Jay asks poking Yoongi's side to hurt him.

"Nothing.  Leave me alone,"  Yoongi says groaning internally, I knew he was a bully.  I can spot them a mile away.

"She was sad and I bet it was something you said.  You're gonna get it Yoongi."

"I didn't say anything. I swear.  Jay, we are just friends.  There is nothing between us."

"There better not be if you don't want me to hurt you again,"  Jay laughs. "I'm going to tell her you're gay and you came on to me."

"Whatever, just leave me alone."

After class Yoongi walked quickly trying to leave before his friends saw him but somebody else was trying to do the same thing.

"Yoongi wait."

Yoongi stops and waits for her to catch up.

"Why are you avoiding me?"

"I'm not, Ara.  You're my friend and I appreciate you but my world does not revolve around you."

"What is it then?'

"It's my problem."

"Why can't you say? We are like family now."

" I miss my family, okay.  Just let me deal with it."

"You never talk about them."

"Maybe I don't want to.  You ever stop to think I don't want to tell you that you remind me of my sister but you can never take her place. That your mom is sweet and loving like the mom that I lost.  That I didn't have a dad around to protect us just like you don't. It's hard for me, Ara.  It's hard being me," he finishes close to tears.

"We've lived together for weeks now.  We've spent every moment together.  You were happier and suddenly something is bothering you.  Can you tell me what that is?"

"I don't like seeing you with him!" He yelled and turned away.

Ara tried to grab his arm but he pulled away hastily.  She followed behind him slowing her pace allowing him to have his space.  Yoongi did like her.  Is that what he was trying to say?

Yoongi walked on feeling like he was going to explode.  His body hurt from the beating Jay gave him but his heart hurt even more.  I can't protect myself how can I protect her?  

  I can't protect myself how can I protect her?  

❀❀❀

I'm so afraid

That in the end, 

you'll leave again

I know that it's pathetic, 

what was I to do?

I wear a mask again so I could see you