Last Hope - Part 19

As she promised her mother, Ara kept her walk confined to their neighborhood.  The air was chilly so she slipped on a jacket remembering the day she met him. She was desperate to see him again, to feel his love. Passing by all the familiar places they had been together, how could she not think about him.  She couldn't count how many times she had cried at this very spot.  Once again, she felt close to despair, wondering what happened to him.  '

He wouldn't have left me,'  she thought.  'He was taken from me.'  

She continued aimlessly slipping into a laundromat to get a soda from the vending machine

"Hey, beautiful. What are you doing here?" Jay said surprising her.

Ara's eyes looked up towards the familiar voice.  "Just waiting for some laundry," she lied.

"Can I wait with you?"

She shook her head looking at the floor. "I'm not good company today.  I would prefer to be alone."

"Come on Ara, you're always alone," he pleaded, "not even for me? I'm your boyfriend."

She looked up at his face. "About that." She paused wondering how to tell him. "I appreciate all you've done for me but I can't pretend we are a couple anymore."

"Go home, Ara.  You are exhausted.  We can talk about it tomorrow."

"No, let's just end it here.  Please give me space," she looked at his sad eyes and returned her gaze to the floor.

"Okay, if that's what you want but I'm scared for you.  No matter what, I'm here for you, okay?"

"I hate this, you know?  I never meant to hurt you."

"I know.  I'm sorry I couldn't make you happy."  

Jay turned and left her there.  He knew she hadn't been his girl for a long time.

She heard her phone buzz and checked the message from her mother and decided to head home not to worry her any more than necessary

She heard her phone buzz and checked the message from her mother and decided to head home not to worry her any more than necessary.  Her mother can't seem to understand how hard it is to be home.  How every inch of their house reminds her of Yoongi and the love she's lost.  

'How do people do it?  How do they overcome loss?'

As she walked out of the laundromat a couple of kids rushed past her bumping into her by accident.  She turned the corner and saw Yoongi was standing at the curb, with his hands in his pockets looking around.  At first, she didn't think it was really him since she had a habit of seeing him everywhere only to be disappointed when it wasn't him.  She was tired of her eyes lying to her so she stood her ground and just enjoyed the view of the cute boy standing there staring at her. 

At first, she smiles happily in her delusion.  She has found him. Then she notices something.  There are tears escaping his eyes.  

Ara rushes towards him.  "It's you!"