All the Scars - Part 10

Nothing is given

But the ties that bind us

Ara's blood ran cold.  All the playfulness in the room was sucked out by the sudden realization that Yoongi was still not safe.  No matter how much she wanted to protect him and make his life better, it seemed to be out of her control. 

"Yoongi, please be more careful.  You need to keep yourself away from those who hurt you.  If you don't want to tell me who did this, I will understand, but please promise me you will try your best to be safe."

"Promise?  How can I promise that?  Do you think I want this to happen or I'm not careful?  I can't trust anyone.  I'm always the one that gets hurt."

Ara sucks in a deep breath trying hard not to cry, "I'm sorry Yoongi, I don't think it's your fault."

Every time someone tries to help me I end up getting hurt.  They lie to me, they use me, they hurt me so I run away."

"I won't do those things, I promise.  Don't run away from me," she said holding him closer. "I won't hurt you."

"I know, you're sweet and your mom is so kind, but I'm weak."

"What's wrong with that?" 

Her words had that power to calm him, enveloping him with her love.  Yoongi pauses and licks his lips, his cheeks turning pink, "I'm weak for you."

Ara brushes the hair from his eyes enjoying the silky texture as she runs her fingers through it, "all you have to do is stay," she says staring at his pretty face.

"I want to.  You made me feel safe again.  I want to stay in your arms hidden from the world."

"You're more than my best friend Yoongi, you're my drug

"You're more than my best friend Yoongi, you're my drug.  I just need you.  If you leave me I'll go crazy.  Don't go."

Yoongi could feel his heart about to burst. He blinks and the tears trickle down his cheeks.  "I won't," he whispers.

She kisses his wet cheeks tenderly. "Everything will be alright."

In a haze of contentment, he feels her kisses on his neck to his collar bone and the tingly feeling as she unbuttons his pj. He stops her hand. Looking into his eyes she says, "show me."

"I don't know," he murmurs not sure if he's ready to risk his heart.

"It's so easy to love you, Yoongi.  I want you to fall for me.  Trust me."

"How can you like me?" He asks.

"There is nothing I don't like about you."

Yoongi tentatively opens his shirt revealing not just the bruises but also his heart.  She gasps at the marks on his skin, some are recent black and blue, others are scars of a painful past.  He feels ashamed of how he looks and the pain on her face. 

"Stay with me tonight," she says finally realizing why he is a runaway.  He's been abused all his life. It follows him where ever he goes like a demon on his back. There is one thing that can break the cycle and that's love.  The kind of love that can heal you from the inside out.

He nods covering himself as she gently holds him.

She wonders who abused him and she suspects his recent beating was caused by Jay

She wonders who abused him and she suspects his recent beating was caused by Jay. She has suffered by his hand also but not that bad.  She doesn't want Yoongi to see her bruises or how hard she tries to please him.  

He says he loves me after he hits me. He begs me not to leave him but now he's taking his anger out on him and I can't have that.  He needs to learn that his anger problem pushes people away. This has to end. Yoongi and I deserve better.

In the still of the night, they held each other, limbs intertwined. She cried for him praying he would always be safe from harm.

In turn, he did not want her to suffer because of him. How could he tell his best friend that the boy that she loves was abusing him?

 How could he tell his best friend that the boy that she loves was abusing him?