Chapter 9 - When you left...

The room was filled with pregnant silence that the sound of the pen that Ye Jiang Li was playing with that fell to the ground sounded deafening.

"Don't joke with us Huang Gege, there is no way the Liu Wei was that man!!"

Shen Mo shouted at the older assassin but Zhu Huang was still looking serious as ever.

Even Ye Jiang Li was looking doubtful at what Zhu Huang said but deep inside the long haired former assassin he knew that this was not impossible for he saw the insanity locked up inside the boy back then.

Shen Mo clench his hands and gritted his teeth glaring at Zhu Huang to hope that the older would just say it was just a joke sooner or later.

'Their is no way that my Xiao Wei could do that! after all, back then the kid couldn't even sleep properly without me in bed with him'

Shen Mo thought to himself as he remembered the scene where Liu Wei would whine whenever he would try to leave and the way the kid would snuggle closely to him

"Also Commander Wang promised me that if I were to die then he would do his best get Liu Wei away from the AD Org!"

Shen Mo spat out and Zhu Huang seems to have winch a little. That promise was what kept Shen Mo from snatching the boy away and bringing Liu Wei with him to escape through faking their death. But Shen Mo didn't since he doesn't want Liu Wei to have a life full of wariness and fear of the AD Org. finding them then dragging them back to be killed.

Zhu Huang closed his eyes and brought his hands over his face expressing how stressed he was

"That was what I thought would happen too."

He sighed and tried to explain more

"After your escape I wasn't able to see Liu Wei for at least 2 months.......but when I did.....he was............different"

Fear clawed all over Shen Mo and he pleadingly looked at Zhu Huang hoping that nothing happened to his precious disciple for he swore that he'll murder anyone who dared to hurt his Xiao Wei.

Zhu Huang seems to have catch what Shen Mo asking and shook his head making Shen Mo relaxed a little

"No, no one bullied or hurt Liu Wei but I think what changed him was you disappearing."

"H-how did he change?"

Shen Mo's lips trembled as he ask the question as guilt started to fill him. Thoughts like 'It's my fault', 'I shouldn't have', 'If I just' showered in his brain and was starting to show in his face with was quickly seen by the two

"Tch! Shen Mo don't tell yourself that and Zhu Huang continue your damn explanation"

Ye Jiang Li's irritation was showing but his voice had a hint of fear in it too

Nodding Zhu Huang focused back on Shen Mo and calmly continued

"When I saw him he wasn't like his usual self. His eyes where dull and void of life.......I know that sometimes that happens to people who lost their loved ones but...............his were just too much."

Zhu Huang bit his lips and trembled in both fear and shame

"So much that I felt fear crawled onto me. Liu Wei was emitting a dreadful bloodlust that was impossible for his age and experience"

He didn't know what to say. Shen Mo just can't believe what Zhu Huang is saying even though he knew Zhu Huang wasn't the type to lie to his friends

Shen Mo can still recall the last moments he had when interacting with Liu Wei. The boy was full of life and was tailing him like a baby duck who was sulking that he couldn't come to the mission.