Chapter 10 - On the run

Ye Jiang Li was the first to react and reached for the wall then a hidden button appeared. He pressed it making the sounds and lights go off.

But his actions proved to have been no help since the sounds of cars approaching the mansion were now loud enough for them to hear.

Cursing, Ye Jiang Li then told the two men to follow him again. The 3 then ended up in a room that was located in the corner of the mansion's 1st floor. Base on the appearance it was the art room of the house due to the canvasses, paints and other materials spread around the room.

Ye Jiang Li then moved a large blank canvass from the wall, exposing the smooth surface underneath. His hands traveled around it as if trying to find a mark then the long haired former assassin's eyes lit up when he felt a groove and pressed it.

A piece of the wall was then pushed back and flipped, revealing that behind the wall was a complex piece of technology that had a screen with a different array of buttons below

Ye Jiang Li then typed in a word and the device split open showing a flat surface. Smirking, Ye Jiang Li then pulled Shen Mo by the hand and pressed the shocked man's hand against the surface of the device. The places where Shen Mo's hands came in contact with, glowed and lines started traveling towards a small light bulb in the corner. After all the lines reached its destination the light bulb glowed green.

"PASSWORD CONFIRMED: NOW OPENING ESCAPE ROOT 1B2"

A mechanic voice said then the floor beneath them started to buzz and a passage appeared along with flight of stairs.

"Zhu Huang and Shen Mo, you go first, I still need to reset this route to permanently be unusable after we escape"

Ye Jiang Li then started to type on the device again making the 2 pieces combine and regain its former appearance. Zhu Huang and Shen Mo was all ready on the stairs when the latter stopped to look above towards where Ye Jiang Li was.

"Jiang Li, why is my hand used as one of the passwords for the escape route?"

Shen Mo asked with a deadpan expression.

Ye Jiang Li seems to be taken back by the question but decided to just give Shen Mo a wink and said that it was a secret then continued type on the device.

Shen Mo would have gladly berated his flirty friend but the occasion didn't permit it specially since they just heard gate of the house outside blew up.

Shen Mo was about to ask Ye Jiang Li if he needed help when he felt Zhu Huang grab him by the arm and pulled him down the stairs nearly making him tumble down but his reflexes didn't allow such embarrassment and after a quick turn he was now running down the stairs with Zhu Huang.

"Hey! What was that for Huang Gege?"

He spat at the older assassin but Zhu Huang didn't face him and continued to run down

"Shen Mo, if Jiang Li needed help then I think he would have wailed our names by now and don't forget that his an assassin who specializes in solo mission, having people around him when he switches mode can affect his performance"

Shen Mo thought for a second then nodded back.

After a few seconds they finally reach the bottom to see a tunnel with its walls covert with cement. It was too dark for them to see clearly so they both took a peak at their duffle bag and they were in luck since Ye Jiang Li placed flashlights with batteries already inside in their bags.

After turning on the flashlights the former dark tunnel was much more clearer. They tried to flash the end of the tunnel but it looks like the tunnel was far too long to be able to see the end from were they were currently located at.