|Confessed

Freedom.

Her hands were in mine and we were running through the corridor like criminals escaping a crime scene. Just as the old man, the janitor, came into the room and asked if we were playing hide and seek, Mehara took my hand in hers and ran. I didn't know why we were running, but we truly were enjoying it. I could hear her giggles as we ran and as we got weird glances.

I quickly opened the main doors and we ran towards the green field. I was laughing with her, the cold breeze hitting our faces and our hijabs dancing in the cold wind. Finally, when we got to the green field I let go of her hand and she fell on the field still laughing. I bent down and laughed, clutching my stomach. After what felt like hours, we finally stopped.

She breathed in a sigh of relief and I saw cold air coming out from her mouth. Mehara looked at me with a twinkle in her eyes and smiled wide. I straightened up and stuck out my tongue. Before she could hit me, the bell rang and she gave me her hand and I lifted her up. Dusting her Abaya, she hugged me once and left. I was so used to her hugs now, I was already missing her warmth.

I hit a stone and looked around myself. Then I was thunderstruck as I saw the last person I ever wanted to see. He was wearing our sleeveless football jersey and shorts. His skin was now glowing a little like that of a vampire and his muscles were flexing as he jogged towards me. That dark brown hair had grown a bit and reached his neck. He was looking at me with a serious expression and those green eyes were so tempting.

His eyes never left me as he stood right in front, only keeping a distance of five meters. His eyes widened as he looked at my hijab and I swear I saw his lips curve upward a little. God dammit ! Zeeshan Harris was proud. I was hoping Mehara would say something, but since everything turned down a bit, I was happy seeing the Jerks face.

"Hey" he said letting his fingers run through his dark brown hair. No words could come out from my mouth and I just smiled at him.

"You are wearing a hijab" he was amused.

"No, I'm wearing a beanie" I joked and of course he chuckled, displaying his dimples.

"So what are you doing here ?" I asked him and he arched his eyebrows, averting his gaze from me. He looked around the green field trying to find something to say. I saw how his Adams apple went down, he was nervous. I just made Zeeshan Harris nervous. Out of nowhere someone yelled,

"Zedd ! Coach is waiting" His eyes widened as he finally remembered his purpose of approaching me.

"Shit" he muttered under his breath, then he looked at me and said,

"Coach has kept a meeting and I was supposed to-"

I didn't let him finish as I ran towards the meeting area with him running behind me. Coach always gets angry when we aren't punctual. I pushed open the doors and entered the room. All eyes were on me as they saw the only girl of the team covered up. Coach's brows were furrowed together and those eyes showed that he was clearly disappointed. I was standing in the middle of the room, not able to decide what to do. Coach stood up from his seat.

"Were you thinking of playing with that on your head ?" He asked looking at my hijab brashly. I was going to speak, but no words came out as everyone was eyeing me like a criminal.

"I don't think there's a problem coach" his smooth voice brought tingles on my spine. He was standing right in front of me, shielding me. If it were someone else I would have pushed him off and told him to mind his own business. But when Zee defended me I didn't want him to stop and I don't know why.