|Fade Away

The car ride to our new home was silent because everyone was zoned out by watching the Arabian city. Yasrid was beautiful, even more beautiful than Bloom Woods. The sun was shining brightly today, spring season - that's what I wanted. Yasrid was divided into two, one half was the city with big malls, buildings, IT themed parks, shopping centres, five star Resturants and many more - when Bloom woods just had one mall. Nobody lived in the city but in the other half which was calm and quiet.

In the middle of the two one way roads, there were trees of dates. Everywhere we looked, Men wearing thobe ( a long dress that reaches till your ankle) women wearing Abaya or niqab (a piece of cloth that covered your face), little girls wearing scarfs could be seen. Everywhere we looked there was modesty. Dad had said Yasrid was built on a desert and when it was Summer it was too hot and humid, when it was winter too much cold but no snow - guess I'll miss snow in Bloom woods.

"We're here" the driver said breaking us from our thoughts.

We have arrived at our new home, two storied painted in white with a beautiful garden in the front. Climbing out of the car - Yousi and Dad took out the luggage from the car. And then we all entered the house.

"I'm taking that room !" Ahsan said running over to a room he liked and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Yousuf and Izza can have the upstairs room then" I nodded my head and started heading upstairs but then dad called and I turned around with raised eyebrows.

"You are attending school today, so freshen up"

I groaned and huffed in annoyance. I can't believe this ! , I just came back and now I have to go school. Once again I'll have to go through New school, new class, new teachers and new friends. This time I'm a senior which means projects, graduation, then university. Phew !

Once I reached my room I started unpacking my stuff. I hanged all the photographs and the Polaroids on the wall. I stood in front of Yussa's picture where she was wearing a white chiffon gown with lily flowers in her hands and was smiling at the camera. Her brown long hair had being braided and her eyes were twinkling like the stars. This was taken on her prom day and her dates were Yousi and Yahiya. Smiling at her picture I said,

"Wish me luck Yussa".

••••••••

Its been two weeks since I joined my new highschool. It was a girls only school and the uniform was Abaya. I didn't mind since I really don't need to dress up now and could even wear my pajamas under them. Teachers here were all ladies and they really taught us well. Thats when I understood, in Islam women do have priority. But there was no football in my school and instead girls played badminton or tennis and I hated that type of sports. Guess I'll have to live a life with no more football.

"May I come in Ma'am ?!"

I snapped out from my revierie when I heard her loud noise. She was panting on the doorway which means she was running the whole way to the class. She was always late, from the day I met her she had never come early on time. I am talking about my new 'friend', the girl with bright sky blue eyes that reminds me of Daniel's eyes.

It was a coincidence that her name also started with an 'M' and I knew she was with me for the long run. I missed Mehara, I missed everything about her and I regret not even telling her where I was and when will I come back. This 'M' named friend of mine was way different than My Meehu though. She was a mixture of Justin and Mehara.