|Grumpy bear

Riding with Yousi in his car to my school was never the best thing to do. But I cannot refuse his offer because he pleads to go with him, he wants to enjoy with me till he's here and before he had to go back to abroad were he works. And on top of it, he never reaches downstairs on time and I was a punctual girl - I hate reaching school late like Maryam. Sitting on the passenger seat and staring outside the window I heard Yousi spoke about his times at his second home. I always need to poke him a little so that he would spill everything.

The thing is, my brother had changed alot. He never talks to anyone and only replies to necessary questions. But now instead of Yussa, he has only me and even though he was always reluctant to speak, I make him speak no matter what and he slowly slowly let it out. He've become a cold hearted and hot tempered person. This wasn't the Yousi I used to know and I want that Yousi back.

"We're here"

Sighing I started to unbuckle my seat belt when I saw the bus approaching near the bus stop. My eyes widened when Maryam jumped out of the bus and landed perfectly on to the road. She checked her watch and then sighed in relief, most probably realising that she was on time for the very first time. Then she skipped her steps, singing a song and entered the school also earning a few weird glances from the outsiders. The pedestrians were usually annoyed seeing her so bubbly early in the morning.

"Stupid".

I chuckled when I heard Yousi mutter under his breath and then watched her interacting with the kids. Yousi was never fond of Maryam because whenever she comes to our home, she was ready to annoy him to death and she enjoyed when he gets all riled up. Even when Yousi shouts at her, she never gives a damn. If there is any person who could stand the wrath of Yousi was Maryam.

She always pranked him teaming up with Ahsan and the latter enjoyed her company. Because Ahsan loved pranking me and Yousi. Mom and dad loves her so much, even when they heard about her life, they just love her more. Nobody showed her sympathy and pity and thats why Maryam loved coming to our house, for she was always welcomed.

"She's so annoying, how do you deal with her ?".

"I'm used to it now, so I really don't mind" I said and turned to face him when I had finished unbuckling my seat belt, he frowned and exclaimed.

"Gosh I hate her so much when she takes my photos ! She always put on the flash light while taking mine. I bet she have thousands of pictures which have my annoyed and goofy face"

I burst out laughing because it was true that there were many photos of Yousi with a startled expression, or an angry one, a goofy one but there wasn't a single picture of him actually smiling at her camera, or maybe there was - but I don't know about that. Yousi hated taking his pictures now, just because of my best friend who always bring her camera with her to annoy him.

Yousi knows about her life because one day when he cursed her for taking his nutella sandwich, Ahsan had snapped at him and had told everything about her. But Yousi didn't even flinch and didn't even show pity to her, after that he just became his usual self in avoiding her as if she was a disease. I'd say they both were our daily dose of entertainment.

I remember, one day when she was in our house for dinner. It was a welcome dinner party for Yousi, and Maryam was waiting for him to enter the house. She was ready with her camera. Yousi entered the house with luggage in both of his hands and also a big wide smile on his face but when he saw the first one to welcome him was Maryam, his smile dropped and he frowned.