|Starry nights

"Catch !"

I threw the popcorn in the air, he leaned forward and caught it with his mouth swiftly. He smirked and stretched his legs. We both were sitting opposite on the couch, his legs on my lap as I was sitting with my legs crossed and eating pop corns. Both of us were so bored in this hospital room so Yousi had brought popcorn and now we were throwing popcorns into each other's mouth. Yussa had went for another checkup and everyone had went except me and Ahsan.

"Catch !"

I was caught off guard and it landed on my lap. He smirked again and I rolled my eyes at him.

"I wasn't ready" I said.

"Losers always say that after losing" he said smirking again. He was only twelve and he was already acting like a jerk of a teenager.

"Shut up, you porcupine" I said referring to his brown hair that has grown so long and has hiden his eyes. He rolled his eyes and said,

"Donkey" he said referring to my stupid laugh that comes at a point of time, you know ? Like wheezing and that sound like donkey ? Yeah but it only comes out of my mouth at a time. I scowled at him and threw a handful of popcorn. He glared at me and was going to take the pillow. But the door flew open and entered Yussa with everyone. She was exhausted, I could see. Yousi bends down and then very slowly took her in his arms from the wheel chair then placed her on to the bed. She was fast asleep as she touched the mattresses. Yousi sighed looking at her and then without a glance at anyone, left the room.

Time ticked by and it was evening already, everyone went but I stayed in the room with her. I was doing my assignments that I have to submit next week. But once in a while I would zone off looking at Yussa, how her long lashes touched her pale skin, her lips parted as she softly snores, how she clutches on to her Mr.Cuddles tightly as her life depends on it and I chuckled seeing her. This was indeed a beautiful sight. I went back to finishing off my assignment when I heard her stir in sleep.

"Hey"

I looked up as she called me, she had woken up and there was a small smile on her face. I smiled in return and she looked at the clock for time and then at me asking,

"You didn't have school ?"

"No it was a day - off"

I said which was a lie. Today at sharp eight, the very event which I've been avoiding and dreading has finally arrived. I had switched off my phone so that they won't call me and they wouldn't even know I'm in the hospital. I'm never ever going to Prom.

"I'm gonna get some coffee" I said to her, standing up so that she won't ask further question and left the room. If Yussa finds about prom she will make sure I go to that disgusting place, so I'm gonna avoid Yussa forever today.

I took my time in getting coffee and sipping it very slowly. Time went by like that I didn't care. Everyone was going, even Mehara and Fathima. I wonder what Zee would be wearing since its his last prom. Whatever he would be wearing he will be the centre of attraction. Many girls will be swooning over him. I clutched the paper cup little harder as I thought about it. Get a grip !.

I tossed the cup into the bin and turned around, only to find Ahlan standing so lost in the middle of the hallway and Hilma walking away from him. Looks like Ahlan tried to have a conversation with her and she didn't want it. Hilma was looking down as she walked, her arms crossed over her chest as she hugged her white coat. She opened the door to her office and slammed the door on the way and only then did Ahlan snapped out from his thoughts. He looked at the door where she had gone to, he tried to enter but then choose against it and sighed. Once more his grey eyes gave a longing glance at her door and walked away.