|His life

Life.

What is life ?

People tend to ask so many unnecessary questions to themselves but have they ever asked what life was actually about ? If we ask the Scientist or the Nerds all they would give us will be a big scientific explanation on molecules, gases, neurons and what not. So its better we never ask them. Dictionary too provides a meaning to life. Life is existence, conscious, vitality or the period from birth to death.

There is no clear cut definition for it. For some life is all about building a family and leading life as it is. For philosopher like Aristotle life is about happiness :"Happiness is the meaning and purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence. But if you'd ask me what life was, I would say as a believer of Islam that there is no life in this world.

Our life starts when we die and see the almighty Allah himself. It starts when we hear his decisions upon where we would go, to Jannah or to Jahannam ? You'd always ask why are you being tested ?, why you have to keep being patient when the non believers get everything they want. Why only you have to keep being lonely ? The answer is pretty simple, Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said that "if Allah intends good for someone, then he afflicts them with trails".

We should always look upon someone who is down to our status. In order to feel happiness, its essential to be grateful to Allah. And you cannot show your gratitude if you continue to look up to people who have been given worldly benefits. Its said that for the non believer this world will be a paradise, and for the believer it will be like living in hell. So Allah tests those whom he loves.

For example let's look upon my best friend Maryam's story. I had gone rushing to her home early in the morning cause it was the death anniversary of her family. But unlike people who mourn on these days my Maryam was smiling at a Polaroid in her hands and then she narrated the memory to me. And when she narrated, her smile never dimmed nor her voice faltered. She said when she remembers the good memories she holds on to it and it makes her feel strong.

Maryam was born in Inar (fictional place) which was famous for pomegranetes and was the only daughter of the Chief minister of the state. She had three bigbrothers and a business woman mom. She was spoiled and cherished by her three big brothers and that was the main reason why she was too bold, annoying and very naughty. She lived in luxury and had everything she wanted. Even when her family had busy schedules they always had time for Maryam cause she was the star of the family.

When her baba had asked her what she wanted to become when she grow up, the three year old had said that she wanted to become a photographer. And her baba had given her a camera that still hangs around her neck like a treasure. Her baba used to take her to boating, hiking - anywhere which was nature related so that she could take good pictures. She was eight year old at that time and had gone with her school for a field trip. She had asked her baba what he wanted when she came back and all he did was give a kiss upon her cheeks and said 'Get me the fresh and ripe pomegranates and we'll both together eat it while watching the pictures you took'

She knew her baba was a busy man but still he promised her. When the city was full of chaos, the teachers kept quiet and the authorities told them to stay there since they would be safe in the country side. Maryam didn't know what was happening and she had find the ripe and fresh pomegranates just for her baba. She had laughed and played with her friends. She didn't know why she was taken to the hospital directly after the trip. She was shell shocked when she saw the four bodies covered in blood on the stretcher.

The doctor told her that they were her mom and her brothers. She couldn't even recognise her mom due to the bullet hole on the side of her face. Her brothers were stabbed to death. The nurse had then taken her to her baba who was alive just few minutes before she came. She shed a tear when she saw her baba lying lifeless and then she was crying so hard falling on to the floor. She didn't know what terrorism was and how cruel it was, she was just a child and was now an orphan.