|Rapid Fire

I was staring at the big chandeliers on the ceiling. The lights coming from them were blurring my vision. Clutching my gown I took a deep breath because I was so nervous that I could literally faint right now. I never wanted to come here in the first place but cannot avoid this wedding because it was of someone who was close to me. The dark green gown was a glittery outfit and I was wearing heels. The minute I entered the hall I sat as far away as possible from the crowd.

I was in Bloom woods for Heavens sake !

Zenna and Zohair were getting married today. Zenna was wearing a red lahenga (an Indian dress that comes as a long heavy skirt and a top) the whole wedding theme was Indian. Zohair was wearing a kurti (a typical Indian groom's dress) and he was standing proudly beside his wife. His wife was beautiful, her name was Thamanna and she was a journalist. Zenna's husband Wahid was tall, slim and looked so innocent.

I've prayed so hard today that I should never meet the people from my past. And I was sure that Mehara would be here and she can come by any minute now. I wasn't ready to meet her and what will I say if I saw her ? Since Zohair was famous there were too many photographers and media.

I wanted to call dad and book my tickets so that I could go back to Yasrid but I couldn't, because dad would be dissappointed. We were here for just one day and I wanted this day to end soon. Bloom woods had changed alot and there were more malls and shopping centres. More rich people lived here and they were no more town areas, just big big cities.

"You are awfully quiet today" Yousi spoke beside me and I slowly turned to meet his concerned face.

"So are you" I said as a matter of fact. He shakes his head chuckling a bit.

"Well coming here back after six years is creeping me out" I nodded my head and he understood that was my reason too.

When Yousi and I were so tensed, the one who didn't have any problem at all was Ahsan. He was so excited and he had even called all his old friends to meet. Whereas me and my older brother was hiding. The truth was that we both never made a contact with our old friends.

Sometimes when I creep into Yousi's room I had caught him staring at his laptop screen watching a video of Yahiya and himself playing baseball. I saw the way he laughed when Yahya's bat had flew away while hitting the ball. He used to watch every videos and that made him never forget his best friend. He misses him badly but yet never called him to ask how he was and how much he missed him.

Same was my situation, we both were silently praying that our best friends doesn't show up on this wedding day because there was a slight chance that Zohair might have call them, because for him every one is family. Grans was coming to stay with us from now onwards since she said which I quote 'Osman household will be boring from now onwards when both Zohair and Zenna will stay with their spouses and I'll never have anyone to play football'. Truth said we were glad to have someone who is enthusiastic as her to join our gloomy family.

"Save me Izza" Ahsan said clutching my arm when he sat next to me, I narrowed my eyes at him and asked,

"What did you do ?" He rolls his eyes and said while panting.

"Why do you always assume that I did something bad when I ask for your help ?"

"Well you can't blame me because till now you only asked for help when you created trouble" I said sticking my tongue at him which resulted Yousi to laugh. He scowled crossing his arms on to his chest and huffed turning away.