Chapter Two: What the Fudge?

Eli's P.O.V
———💀———

I woke the next morning with a pounding headache. My friend Hazel was on top of me shaking me violently until my eyes fluttered open.

"Finally! I was tryna wake you up since 10."

"What?!" I scrambled off the couching checking my phone. It was 1 o'clock.

"Shit!" I swore grabbing my shoes and slipping them on. I told my dad I'd babysit my sister this morning while he went to his early Sunday meeting.

"Didn't you say you'd babysit today?" She obviously pointed out.
I froze to give her an annoyed look. Then continued to rush out the door. Luckily Hazel only lived a few blocks away from me so I didn't have to wait for an Uber.
   When I finally got home there was a yellow
Post- it on the door that read...
Thanks for being irresponsible. Eliza is with the neighbors.
                                          -Angry Dad

     Oh great he's gonna kill me when he gets home! I just got my phone back. I can kiss social media goodbye for the week.
     I crossed the street and rang the bell, hoping they didn't go on an errand or something.
   I heard light footsteps approaching the door and already knew who it was. The door swung open and Eliza scolded me. Closing the door behind her.

      "You're late." She stated crossing her arms and raising her eyebrow. I hate to admit it. But she definitely gets her attitude from me.
              I've created a monster!
    " I know, I'm sorry Birdie"  I apologized and reached for her hand to cross the street.
   She jerked it away and scoffed. " I'm eleven I don't need you to hold my hand anymore." She sassed stepping in front of me to cross the street.

  "Well I see you still need me to do your hair because that bun just isn't working!" I remarked poking fun at her sloppy bun. I'm sure she just pulled her brown hair to the top of her head and slapped a hair tie on. 
           I honestly could have done way better. Eliza only turned around and stuck her tongue out at me.
" Eleven year olds don't do that anymore either."

       She waved me off and opened the front door of the house. Woah. Wait. It was open?
I entered the door and closed it, making sure to lock it also.
        "What are you doing?" She asked turning back to me.
" locking the door like you should have"

"But I don't wanna stay here."

"That's  too bad."

      "Why can't we go to the park. I wanna go to the park!" She whined grabbing her sweater off the coat rack.
"We- ah you-" I began to formulate an excuse but she cut me off pointing her finger at my chest. She narrowed her eyes standing slightly on her tippy toes to appear taller.
       "You left me with no choice but to go to the creepy old lady's house. She doesn't bake cookies! And she doesn't even Have cats or grandkids! The lady doesn't even knit! and then she asked me to go get a book from the basement so she could read it to me. I had to tell her I'm allergic to paper so I couldn't touch the book."

I furrowed my brows " and she believed you?"

  Eliza's brown  eyes  widened and she threw her hands up "No! Lucky you rang the door bell."

" oh then I saved your life and we don't need to go to the park."

     "Eli!" She pleaded giving me puppy eyes and sticking out her bottom lip. She uses the same look I would give to my dad when I was younger.
And it was extremely effective because of our big brown eyes.