Chapter Three: My Childhood Friend

Eli's p.o.v
6 YEARS AGO
———💀———

I couldn't wait for it to be 3 o'clock.
School ends at 2:30 pm and The bus drops me off home only 20 minutes after. That means I would have to wait 10 minutes for Stormy to get here.

It's the longest 10 minutes ever.
Sometimes I start my homework, but I usually wait for Stormy since he's really smart in math.
Today. Just wasn't one of those days. I pulled my multiplication homework out of my book bag and sighed.
I can never focus when Ms.August is teaching math. The class has to move off the rug so she can pull out the whiteboard.
we finally get to sit in our assigned seats. my seat is right next to Noah's. So while Ms.August is thoroughly explaining how to add fractions, Stormy is whispering in my ear about what superheroes.
The only reason he knows Math is because he takes extra classes on Sunday's, Wednesday's, and Thursday's. Every other day he's with me.
The doorbell rang and I sprang off of the chair I was sitting in and rushed to the door.
It was Stormy and his Mom Heather. She looked really young to be a mom but she was actually in her early thirties.
"Hi, Eli can we come in?" Heather asked politely.
flashing her perfectly straight teeth.

"Mhm," I nodded my head eager for our play date.
Eliza was with my mother in NYC and my dad was in the back cleaning the garage.
These were The simpler days.
Heather only ever came in to check if my mother was there. And if she wasn't she would say she had something to do with Astor then she'd leave.
Our week went the same way- with a few minor changes depending on the time of year- since kindergarten.
But this day was different. We went up to the treehouse to get our gear and play villains vs. Hero's. Instead of just grabbing our mask and capes and leaving, Stormy sat down and bit his lip.
I took a seat too a bit confused.
"Ginger asked me if I would be her date to prom today at recess." He mentioned staring at the wood walls.

"Oh, she's...pretty."

"I don't want to go with her." He admitted lowering his head.

"So what did you tell her?" I asked twiddling my thumbs.

looking back at this moment I realized I wasn't concerned... I was jealous.

"Uh, I said 'I don't know' then I walked away."

I chuckled as I imagined the girl asking him and Stormy just saying I don't know and walking away.
Poor Ginger.

"It's not funny. I feel bad. She's the third girl I said no to"

"You didn't really say no to Ginger." I pointed out because he didn't... he said IDK. Lmbooo

"Bunny!" He whined and pouted pushing my leg which I let fall beside him. I chuckled one more time before pressing my lips together.

"Who were the other two girls?" I questioned extremely interested.

"Lilly and then Veronica."

I gasped and slammed my hands onto the wood beneath us.

"The three prettiest girls in our entire elementary school asked you to prom and you turned down them all?! What is wrong with you!"

Noah sighed and shook his head.
"I don't want to go to prom with any of them."

"Chpffffft why not?" I asked completely dumbfounded.