Chapter four: They Acting So Cray Cray

Eli's Point of View
———-💀————
February 11th Monday
I spent Sunday cooped up in my room binge watching horror films. I have a feeling my dad was going to try to have a heart-to-heat with me and honestly I don't feel like that right now, or ever.
I just wanted it to be Monday already. I just wanted to get out of that house.
But where Monday finally came I had no idea what was in store for me.

As soon as I entered my first-period class all eyes were on me. I awkwardly took my seat, then I saw it. A huge poster hung off the smart board. On it read this in big bold letters.

Vote Eli For This Years Cupid

Underneath the text was a picture of my face photoshopped onto Channing Tatum shirtless body.
I stood up and ripped the poster off the board turning to the class furiously.
"Whoever did this can shove it up their ass." I flung the paper into the seats of the class and sat back down as the students snickered and whispered.
I sat through class praying it wasn't Noah just fucking with me.
But when the bell rang and I stepped into the hallway, I immediately knew who it was.
The hallway was filled these poster. All on the floor or taped to lockers. Some even stuffed into the crack of people's lockers.
Only one person would waste their life pulling a stunt like this.

And I caught him right in the act. He was bent over trying force a flier into someone's lower locker.
"Zeke are you serious! What the fuck are you doing jackass?" I fumed watching the rest of the fliers out of his other hand. He popped up and smiled when he saw me.
"I'm making things right Eli." he bubbled jumping up and down. Zeke grabbed me by the shoulders and leaned forward as he spoke. Since his eyes were a dark brown basically black The closer he came the more I could see it.
His pupils were extremely dilated. It was like I was standing in front of Ezekiel but I was talking to his conscience. Or at least something trying very hard to be his conscience.
"what are you talking about? I don't want you to make it right. We're not friends anymore." I stated as I struggled against Zeke's tight grip.

"Of course we are. Once everyone loves you as I love you, it would be fair for us to be friends again... maybe even more than that." He babbled on leaning closer into my face but I stopped him by slamming my boots against his Nike's.

He cried out in pain and stumbled back letting me go. "You sound crazy as hell." I shuddered at the thought of Zeke kissing me.

As if a switch flipped in him and turned his power off. Zeke froze and then dropped to the floor beginning to have a series of convolutions. His back arched and then he shot up seemingly confused and completely drained. "What the fuck?" He mumbled grasping his head in pain.
I shook my head and backed up "I don't know but just stay away from me."
This is wrong Cupid doesn't do this to him.

Oh, Eli, it's not just him. What do you think I am? An amateur?!

   I groaned out loud and skipped my next class since I had Hazel as a partner. She's a sweet girl and I'd hate to slap some sense into her.
     I found myself sitting in the staircase with my lunch half eaten. I was thinking the whole curse thing through. And maybe it isn't all that bad.
  I mean I was able to actually flirt for a change and my entire school now knows my name so. Not all bad.  I mean maybe even Blake will -
                          As if on cue the staircase door opened and a blonde boy with blue basketballs shorts and our school log shirt waltzed white his face glued to his phone.
     My face flushed as I tried to put my lunch away before he could notice I was hiding out in here.
          But I was to slow. He lifted his head and scanned me and my things. "Hey, Eli are you skipping class?"  Blake taunted stuffing his phone in his pocket and walking up a few steps closer to the one I sat on which was at the top.
     I rolled my eyes and gestured to my food. "Nooo, I'm just checking to see if my dad packed me a Lunchable." I sarcastically shot back giving him a half-hearted smile.
           Blake and I go way back. Even farther than Noah and I.