Chapter 37

"You're going to the dance at school tonight, right?" Jade asks.

"Yea. I'm going." I answer walking to my locker. I put the stuff I don't need in there. "Olivia can't go cause her mom said she couldn't. Plus she has soccer practice." I say letting Jade shut my locker with her head.

"Yea. I know." Jade says. We walk back to class. "I'll see ya later." Jade says leaving to go to her bus.

"See ya later." I say walking away. I walk to my bus... I see Mason. I sit a few seats in front of him. He try's to get me to sit with him but I know I can't. A few minutes later I ask if he's okay.

"No." He says shaking his head and looking out the window.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"I'm just ready to end it." He says rubbing his arm. "There's cuts from my shoulder to my wrist now." He says. I don't know what to say. I have so many things I wanna tell him right now but I know as soon as I start talking the tears will start flowing. I'm not about to cry on the bus... again. "I just don't have anything to live for."

"Yes you do." I say.

"What?" He yells.

"Me, your sister, your cousins, your friends!" I say.

"None of them give a crap." He says looking out the window again.

"You know I still care, right?" I ask.

"I don't see how." He says rolling his eyes. "And you should really stop! Cause the quicker you stop caring is the quicker I get to end my pain. Then I won't have to worry bout what you're gonna do one I leave!" He says.

"Yea maybe that would be best. Cause then I could do the same and you wouldn't have to worry about it!" I yell.

"No! You have more to live for than me!" He yells.

"I don't care!" I yell back. "You know what, I can't help you anymore. Just don't do anything, and come to the dance. That way we can talk without a seat between us. Then I'll leave you alone." I say giving up. That's right... Maya Hunter just gave up on someone.

"Okay I'll try." He says.

"Thank you." I say. We then to my house. "I love you." I say standing up.

"I love you to." He whispers.