{2}Neji's Past

❇Chapter Two❇
Neji's Past

"(Name)?" Your mother called you, you sunk your face into your pillow, which was damp with your tears from last night.
"If you feel I'm going back at Neji's, you're dead wrong.." You mumbled into your pillow,
"I wasn't being the best of mothers to you and I just want you to know that I love you and we... decided to let you go to the academy by today.. We already registered you yesterday."
"Really!?"
"Yes, but stay next to Hinata and Neji at all times.." You got off of bed and rummaged through your closet to find something presentable to wear.
You tossed them onto the bed and ran into the bathroom to take a bath. You came out several minutes later and brushed your hair up into a bun and stuck chopsticks through it to keep it in place.
All done! You were dressed in a vest, a beige short pants with the Hyuuga symbol at the hind pockets and a beige jacket that has the Hyuuga symbol printed at the back and on a pocket in the front with long black socks with ninja sandals.
"Look at you, have fun!" Your mother kissed your forehead as you turned to leave.

🏫At The Academy🏫

   You reluctantly stepped into the classroom to have all eyes on you, but the first one you felt was Neji's.
"Class, please welcome, (Name) Hyuuga."
"Good morning, it's so nice to meet you all!"
"Good, have a seat next to Neji." The sensei pointed out, you did as told and sat next to Neji.
"I thought you can't be a ninja because you're a 'Lady'.." Neji spoke to you with a hint of sarcasm,
"This morning my mother told me I could be a ninja, as long as I stick with you and Hinata.." You replied,
"Tch.." He rested his head upon the desk because of his frustration with you.
"About last night," You started, resting your head on the desk as well,
"Why were you so worried?"
"Why were you in the forest at that time of night?" He answered your question with a question.
"I had a little argument with my parents and I ran away from home."
"It's utterly senseless to run away because at the end of it all, you still have to go back home. You're lucky to have two parents that love you but you take their love for granted."
His words sent multiple Kunais to your heart, but you still stood strong.
"What happened to your parents?"
"It's none of your concern." He hissed with anger in his voice,
"It is my concern now that we-"
"(Name), Neji, is there something you'd like to share with the class?"
"Ah- no, sensei."

❇❇❇

After class, you met up with Hinata at a swing under a shady tree. "How do you think of the academy so far?" Hinata asked,
"Oh, it's great!"
"How are you coping with Neji so far?"
"It's like the waves; one time smooth, another time rough. Um, do you know what happened to Neji's parents?"
"... I do, but I'll tell you after school. Come to our house."
"Okay." You had that sudden sensation in your chest, you looked behind you and it was Neji. He walked away and disappeared between trees and bushes, "Where is he going?" You asked,
"To train, probably.."

❇❇❇

As soon as the day was over, you hurried over to Hinata's house, eager to know why Neji was like this. You had to know, you needed to know, so you can know him.
You took off your shoes at the door and walked inside, 'But what did happen to him?' You asked yourself, not paying attention to where you were going and because of that, you bumped into someone. Neji. "S- sorry..." you apologized with a bow swiftly, he shoved you out of his way and proceeded to wherever he is going.
You scurried down the everlasting hall and finally made it to Hinata's room, "Good afternoon, (Name)."
"Good afternoon, Hina."
She got up and checked to see if anyone was passing, she closed the door and sat before you.
"Okay, it all started when our dads were born, our grandmother gave birth to twin boys. The eldest became the leader of the higher branch and the second born got the low branch..."
'Oh my goodness, he was right. I don't know anything, I don't know him.' You thought as guilt corrupted your being.
"Do you know where he trains?" You asked. He was right, you were wrong. You were wrong all along, and for that, you felt foolish.
"There is a training ground a few blocks away from the school which he trains and there is a little forest where he trains that is not too far from here."
"Thanks, Hinata."
"A- anytime, (Name)." Hinata waved you off as you left.

You ran out of the mansion and headed down the street were you ran last night. Neji was practicing his gentle fist on a tree, he sensed your presence but continued as usual. "Neji-"
Before you could fully call his name, his and was already at your neck, ready to black you out at any second.
"You're right." You started, he tilted his head as to say,
'Whatever are you talking about?'
"I just came to say that, you were right. You were right about everything, I knew nothing."
"That's good to hear." He said with a hint of pride in his voice while walking away.
"Wait, please train me so I can perfect the byakugan." You requested,
"My teachings are too complexed for you."
"Please, the graduation exam is soon and then there's the chunin-"
He sighed, "Meet me at the training grounds not too far from the academy." He never said yes to you, for what reason? You don't know.
"Thank you, I won't let you down."