{16}The Chunin Exams 2

❇Chapter 16❇
The Chunin Exams
The Forest of Death

   Your mother handed you your bag with the things necessary
" Here, I packed food, water, flask of hot water, first aid, extra clothing and your necessities."
"Thank you mom," you hugged her and left.
"Be careful out there!" Your mother waved you off as you ran to meet up with the others.

❇❇❇

While walking on your way to the Forest of Death, Gai Sensei explained the 'does' and 'do nots'
of this exam.
"This exam is the hardest of all, very few has survived the Forest of Death.
Always stay together, remember to work as a team. There are many deadly traps set to either injure or kill you; oversized leaches, centipedes, bees and wasps, man-eating plants, poisonous fruits, you name it. And ou mustn't open the scroll."
"Why not open the scroll?"
"There is a jutsu upon the scroll, he he opens it shall fall into a deep sleep until the tenth day. (Name) and Neji will be in charge, listen to them."

❇❇❇

Everyone was lined up orderly,listening to Proctor Anko.
Neji was in front and you, Lee and Tenten were aligned behind him in that order. "Alright maggots,this forest you see here before you is the forest of death. You have ten days to complete this mission!
Each team will be given one scroll, but you'll need two scrolls to ace this exams, The Heaven scroll and The Earth scroll.
You'll have to defeat another team to get the opposite scroll." They gave each team either one of the two scrolls,
Neji was handed a scroll, he rolled it in his hand and read the kanji. It was a Heaven scroll.

"Good luck,
maggots!" She waved her palm, signaling to enter into the forest. All teams dashed through the gates,entering the forest...

❇❇❇

Your squad haven't attacked anyone as yet, but you all sat on the branch of a tree and formed a plan. You broke a branch and held it over you and your squad, since Gai Sensei said that there were oversized leaches falling from trees. "We have the Heaven Scroll, there are many weaklings in this forest, we'll take their Earth Scroll and I'll keep them both.
At night, we'll take turns in watching each other sleep but tonight I'll take the first watch, then (Name), then Tenten, then Lee."

🌛At Night🌜

  You picked tea leaves and brewed tea for your teammates, "Are you trying to kill us, do you even know about tea leaves?"
"Of course I do, there are lots of things you don't know about me, Neji. My mother was a waitress it a tea shop and she taught me everything."
"If you know about the various types of tea, what tea is this?"
"It's (tea name)."
You took sipped your tea.
"Wow, it really is (tea name)." Tenten commented.
"It tastes good, (Name)!" Lee gulped it all down.

❇❇❇

Unable to sleep, you sat up. Neji sat there and meditated, "Why aren't you asleep?"
"I can't sleep, so I'll stay up and watch out with you."
You sat next to him.
"I'm sorry."
"For?"
"Misjudging you, I was wrong. I thought you were mad just because of.. you know but there were other things too.
You're bounded to me and that mark is bounded to you, you have all rights to be mad. I'll understand.."
"You're forgiven.."
You outstretched your hand to his headband but it was immediately smacked away. "Sorry, again."