{24}Mama Mai's Foretelling

✳Chapter 24✳
Mama Mai's Foretelling

    The council had  announced a meeting for the two families to view the changes and the progress the engagement has brought upon them.  Everything is going quite well, for the first tine in your life you've never felt so sure about getting married to Neji and you know you won't be regretting this decision.
   Everyone took their seats as the meeting was about to begin, your family sat at the left side of the room while Neji's was at the right. The counselor and the clan's elders walked in and took their seats, everyone sat up and bowed respectfully.
"Good morning to both families, we hope all is well you both."
"Yes." Both sides answered.
"So, I assume everything is going well?"
"Yes."
"Any word that anyone would like to share?"
Hiashi stood up, "Great elder, it is an honor to stand before you and say that for the past four years, my nephew and (Name)'s bonds has been growing quite strong. And through this young couple, I see a bright future for the Hyuuga Clan."
"I see, the future is very evident in these young lovers." One of the elders said, pointing their cane to you and Neji.

✳✳✳

    As you were walking out with your family, you were stopped by crazy old Mama Mai, the crazy lady of the Hyuuga Clan and one of the elders.
Though she's blind, she claims she sees into the future, which in some cases it is true and sometimes it's not.
"You better hold that boy Neji close now, child. For something bad is about to come, he will go on a mission and get impaled to the heart."
"Are you sure this isn't a sham, Mama Mai?"
"Sleep well tonight." She patted your shoulder,
you stared at the elderly woman as she walked away in confusion.
"Neji, do you have any missions to go to?"
"Yeah I do, why?"
"Mama Mai said that you might die on one of your missions, you'll get impaled to the heart."
"How do you know if it isn't a sham?"
"There is a possibility. It wasn't a sham when she foretold that I would almost go blind on one of my missions and I did. How can you explain that?"
"Relax, nothing of the sort will happen to me. And besides, I'll be home in less than a week, depending on the mission's circumstances." He kissed your forehead.

✳✳✳

You sat on your bed and pondered about what old Mama Mai had told you,
she's just being her crazy old self, right?

This isn't going to happen, right?

You shook off your negative thoughts and laid yourself to rest on your bed.

*Knock, Knock, Knock..*

You sat up as you heard a knocking noise, you thought it was a raccoon or a branch knocking against the window and went back to bed.

*Knock, Knock, Knock!*

You jumped up once again and put on your robe, you slipped your feet into your slippers and went downstairs.
You looked in your sister's room to see her sleeping peacefully, hugging her stuffed panda that you won for her in a game.
Your parents also fast asleep, how could they not hear the door knocking?

*Knock, Knock, Knock!!*

"Coming!" You yelled as you scurried down the stairs, pulling a kunai out from the pockets of your robe. Step by step, you slowly approached the door. You pressed off the lock, twisted the knob and pulled the door open.
"Oh, Neji, you scared me."
You held your chest and breathed heavily, letting the kunai slowly drop from your hands onto the ground.
You wrapped your hands around his neck and pulled him into a tight and loving embrace.
"Don't scare me like that. What are you doing here this late?"
You felt weighed down, and pulled away from Neji. Blood ran down from from the ends of his lips and from his eyes,
you heard something dripping onto the floor and looked down.
Three horn-like things impaled Neji to the chest.
He tugged his lips into a smile and he uttered a few soft words,
"I.. love.. you."

"Big sis, Big sis!" Your sister shook you,
"Yes, sweety what's the matter?"
"I came over yo ask you if I can sleep in your bed but you were cold sweating and breathing really heavy."
"Sorry, just had a little nightmare."
"You have nightmares?"
"Yes, everyone gets nightmares at some point in time. Now, come, let's get some sleep."
You pulled her unto your bed and covered her in your blanket, you held her tightly and tried to go back to sleep.