{10}First Mission 4

❇Chapter Ten❇
First Mission (Part 4)
📆Tuesday-Day  2📆

"How couldn't you tell us this? We asked you not to leave anything hidden."
"Forgive me, I was a horrible father to her and I should've known better."
"Is there any other skeletons in the closet, Emperor Mutsunaga?"
"No, I don't think there is. I shall inform you if any comes to mind."

❇❇❇

Neji, Tenten and yourself had perfected your training today. Gai sensei told Lee that he can perfect the training of walking on flat surfaces but he has to move at a very fast pace. Lee tried again today and managed to tie with Tenten which was a great achievement. But today, you weren't in a forest,you were at a creek with a thirty feet high waterfall. We all stripped our clothes off and remain in our undergarments, because today's training obviously had to do with water.
"Now that you perfected walking on flat surfaces, we shall know practice walking on water. It is a little harder than yesterday's training but the key is to act like you're walking on normal ground, like this," Gai began to demonstrate by making his hand signs, with that he placed one foot upon the body of water, and continued one foot after the other and eventually made it to the other side. "Neji, give it a try." He stepped forward and began to wave hand signs, he then cautiously placed his foot upon the water.  He began to walk on the water, no sign of fright or falling in, he walked all the way to the other side. "Very good Neji, stay on the water. Water is like dogs, they sense fear. So you have to be fearless or you will fall. (Name), you're next."
You stepped forward and began to made hand signs and the soles of your feet began to glow a dark blue.
You sighed and took the first few steps, "You can do it, (Name)!" Tenten and Lee cheered. The water beneath your feet was shaky and it felt like you were going to fall in a matter of seconds. Something scaly and slimy brushed underneath your feet, it was a catfish. Not one, but a whole bunch of them,
You couldn't keep in anymore, so you began to run over to Neji. He grabbed you and pulled you right to his side, "Hehe, thanks Neji.." You chuckled in embarrassment. "Are you seriously afraid of some fish passing beneath you?"
"Their scales were tickling the bottom of my feet, I couldn't help it.." He shook his head, "Silly girl.."
"Good. Tenten, you try."
'Okay Tenten, don't screw this up..' She sighed, as she took her time to make her hand signs. She then stepped off the land unto water, 'This is almost like walking on nothing.' She thought as she reluctantly moved forward step by step. Beads of sweat ran down from her forehead all the way down to her chin, that tiny drop of sweat fell into the water, which made the still water shake. "Eek!" She began to move faster and when she made it, she grappled on to you.
"Fair enough Tenten, Lee, you're up next. Make me proud!"
"I will, Gai Sensei!"
One thing the four of you noticed was that Gai is spending lots of time with Lee, it's obvious that Gai personally trains him. You and Tenten didn't mind, at least he's getting the attention he needs.
In the blink of an eye, he was done making his hand signs and dashed across the creek,
his foot sunk into the body of water, "Get up, Lee!"
"Run like the wind, Lee!" You and Tenten
'(Name) and Tenten are so kind, they cheer me on at my hardest times. I will make it, for them, for Gai Sensei!'
He got up and continued to cross the creek, "That's the way, Lee!"  You yelled,
"Go Lee!" Tenten cheered.
He made it and took his place next to Tenten. "You all did very well. If you're fighting on water, this is what can be used. Neji will pair with (Name) and Lee will pair with Tenten and you will spar on the water. After this, take the rest of the day off."
You all did as told and paired together and began to spar.
You gave Neji a punch, he replied with a poke to the stomach, before he could touch you, you smacked away his hand. You both activated your byakugan and fought hand to hand, wrist to wrist, like two Koi fishes engaging in a synchronized dance.
Tenten and Lee were like two swordfish challenging each other, from the minute one steps back, they immediately clash together. Whatever kick Tenten gives, Lee dodges and returns it right back, like two mocking birds mimicking each others song.

❇❇❇

You did this all day till sundown, you all were rundown and tired. You and Tenten went to bed early and before you two go to sleep, you held a nighttime conversation.
"Why is he like that?"
"Hm?"
"Neji, why is he like that?"
"Something bad happened in the past and he blames his uncle and other family members for it." You summarized, avoiding going into deeper details.
"Oh, but, that doesn't give him the right to act like that towards people. Forget that something bad happened in the past, everybody has feelings too!"
"I wonder that sometimes too, but neither you or I know what happened to him." You acted as though you don't know, trying not to squander his business. "Neji is a cold person, but I know that he will change. People can't stay the same, right? I know he doesn't want to act like this, he's just, hurting so  bad that he can't- he can't let go.."
"To me, I think he's meaner to you than anybody else. I think you remind him about something he doesn't like about himself. But don't let his venomous words poison your vibe, keep living."
Little did they know, that Neji was standing right outside, listening to every single word. He sighed and shook his head, then back out to train.

Ask yourself:

Does (Name) really remind Neji about something he disliked about himself?
Is that 'something' why Neji despises you?